Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mileage and range?

11 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

Is the so called second generation hybrid system that will be in my new UX be noticeably better than my existing UX?

All UXs have version four 2.0 litre engine and NiMH batteries.  There is a newer version five which is in the Corolla and CH-R but we have the old one.   Nothing we can do about that unfortunately.    There will be a new model UX in the next couple of years with the new powertrain.  

• 6 months later...
On 8/23/2023 at 4:11 PM, Martin Bailey said:

Interesting! I agree that you don't want to drive like a nun on prozac just to get 5MPG better performance. 49.9MPG is pretty damn good, though!

I'm comparing this to my outgoing car - a 2015 Jaguar XE, which I've managed to achieve 50+MPG on several occasions, but generally still get 40-45MPG.

Can anyone share their experiences of overall range on a full tank? I can get just under 500 miles out of the XE, so will be interested to see what the range is in a smaller tank but better fuel economy.

I range around 320 miles winter and 420 miles summer in my UX250h F Sport Design. Average somewhere in mid 40's mpg. Lexus told me I should be getting at least 60!

41 minutes ago, Rjjames79 said:

I range around 320 miles winter and 420 miles summer in my UX250h F Sport Design. Average somewhere in mid 40's mpg. Lexus told me I should be getting at least 60!

Get rid of those rubbish run flat tyres and you will get what you want, plus much better driving and comfort. I average around 47-50mpg for a long time and when I swap out the RFT to normal tyres, it went above 55mpg easily.

No you won’t.  I’m on Goodyear all season tyres and I get mid 40s.  I don’t thing anyone will get 60s in the winter until the UX300h comes and even then it will be pushing it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don C said:

No you won’t.  I’m on Goodyear all season tyres and I get mid 40s.  I don’t thing anyone will get 60s in the winter until the UX300h comes and even then it will be pushing it.  

For the most part I'd agree, but just before Christmas I drove right through London, with a lot of stop/start traffic and the car excelled. 63MPG! In my old petrol car this type of journey would have killed the fuel economy, but the UX is ideal for town driving. On a motorway journey I generally get high 40's/low 50's. Highest I've got was 70-odd, but that was only a very short journey, and recently after a longer drive so the Battery was charged.

IMG_5628.PNG

12 hours ago, Martin Bailey said:

For the most part I'd agree, but just before Christmas I drove right through London, with a lot of stop/start traffic and the car excelled. 63MPG! In my old petrol car this type of journey would have killed the fuel economy, but the UX is ideal for town driving. On a motorway journey I generally get high 40's/low 50's. Highest I've got was 70-odd, but that was only a very short journey, and recently after a longer drive so the battery was charged.

IMG_5628.PNG

You can get some very high trip summaries but you really need to go off a longer term average.  The trip meter will show the average of the current trip based on driving style and conditions so if you fill it up then drive carefully mostly down hill you’ll get artificially inflated figures that will hold the figures up.  I can get 99mpg on a trip onto the Cheshire plain but going to work over the hills pulls it down.  Ignore the trip computer and work out the average of three tank to tank fill ups by calculation.  

• Like 1

The School Run is killing my average so I've stopped worrying about it. If I think about it too much I may wish I was back in the land of the wage-slaves instead of enjoying a non-stop life of excitement as a retiree!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lmafudd said:

The School Run is killing my average so I've stopped worrying about it. If I think about it too much I may wish I was back in the land of the wage-slaves instead of enjoying a non-stop life of excitement as a retiree!

A short school run is a real killer to mpg in my experience.

Just curious, why is it called the “School Run”?
We have “Rush hour” but not “Work Run”.

Interesting that the word run is included, I myself walked to school as the car as then was only just invented but only ran if I was late.

The early years regular exercise also appears to have helped my fitness in my later years too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links