Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2018 NX300h sat nav update

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me out here, I am not bad with tech but seem to be hitting a wall with this....

I am trying to figure out how to update my sat nav, I have called Lexus and they have instructed me to take my car in, and if there are updates needed, I will be charged.

This is the first time I have owned a Lexus, I have had many cars before this, and have I never known, that to update the sat nav you have to take the car to a main dealer.

I absolutely don't mind paying for the update, I just want to know if there is any other way, as I don't want to have to take a full day off work to update the sat nav.  Seems a bit much.

Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Warren

18 minutes ago, Scolly83 said:

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me out here, I am not bad with tech but seem to be hitting a wall with this....

I am trying to figure out how to update my sat nav, I have called Lexus and they have instructed me to take my car in, and if there are updates needed, I will be charged.

This is the first time I have owned a Lexus, I have had many cars before this, and have I never known, that to update the sat nav you have to take the car to a main dealer.

I absolutely don't mind paying for the update, I just want to know if there is any other way, as I don't want to have to take a full day off work to update the sat nav.  Seems a bit much.

Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Warren

LEAVE IT.. ie.. Forget about the Update Its more bother than its Worth..Thats my experience Warren..  Nothing but HASSLE with Updates  Enjoy your car and forget about all these Updates which you probably won,t use anyway... My opinion only of course..

41 minutes ago, Scolly83 said:

Hi

Thanks

Warren

Warren,

Are you wanting to update the maps, or the underlying software (i.e. the multimedia/nav software applications)?  Both is possible (if there are updates for the system itself) but probably the map data can either be done yourself over USB or by buying a new micro DC card with the new maps on (depending on system age).  Neither of these should require a dealer visit.  I guess being a 2018 car you have what is known as MM17 infotainment.  The maps for this can be downloaded (at cost) from here and installed using a USB stick:

https://www.lexus-tech.eu/Navigation/base

You need to create a login, but this is free to do.  You will probably need to pay for actually downloading the maps.  IF you have MM17 then the map you need will be in the bottom centre of the web page.

Paul

Unfortunately Ronnie, as my wife drives it, my wife would like the up-to-date satnav.  Yes, we all know who the boss is :).  I appreciate your honest reply though mate.

Paul, I appreciate this, it has been very helpful.  Just a quick question, I am on that website and it is stating I need a license key card.  This I do not have.  Anyway around this or is this something I am going to have to purchase?

Many thanks, mate

Warren

18 minutes ago, Scolly83 said:

Unfortunately Ronnie, as my wife drives it, my wife would like the up-to-date satnav.  Yes, we all know who the boss is :).  I appreciate your honest reply though mate.

Paul, I appreciate this, it has been very helpful.  Just a quick question, I am on that website and it is stating I need a license key card.  This I do not have.  Anyway around this or is this something I am going to have to purchase?

Many thanks, mate

Warren

Hi Warren,

I think this you will need to purchase. Your car probably came with 3 years of map updates from new, so these will now be over unfortunately.  I think you can buy 3 years of updates for the price of one at the moment (at least you could fairly recently).

Paul

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Scolly83 said:

Hi Paul

I apologize for bothering you once more.  Where do I get this card from?  Do I call Lexus?

Once again, thank you

Hi Warren,

No problem.

I think you need to buy it from the e-store in the My Lexus section of the Lexus website.  (Do you already have a login there, with your car connected to your account?)

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links