Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

05 ls400 ecu

Jpugh

Alright my car has been down for about 3 months now and still can’t figure it out we have already had the ECU rebuilt thinking that was the issue but problems weren’t solved

95 LS400 runs and drives 195k. The chasis harness in the wheel well was rubbed there and damaged some wires, wires were replaced and fixed and harness was tucked. On start up if you hit the gas pedal it chokes itself out, after running for a while it continues to idle around 2200rpm but dash reads around 700rpm in neutral and park. Put car in drive and hit the gas and barely moves an inch while flooring it, put it in L and moves way better but not like normal, reverse works fine like normal. Has CEL but no OBD scanner will connect to it, says error and acts like car isn’t on, every fuse is good. 

is there a relay or any other problem that could cause these problems? 

Josh welcome to this Forum

My 1995 Mk3 Ls400 I've now done 247k miles  .............  my rev counter sometimes just misreads too BUT I know the engine is running fine and at about the right revs ........

I put it down to simple age old wiring that's having a bit of a tough time with these changing weather patterns here in the UK  .  too hot, sometimes, too cold at others .....  old wiring will always begin to have simple functioning challenges, beginning to breakdown ........  you're very brave changing stuff but if that works then you will have overcome the " natural ageing process "

I'm thinking it's far far better to have your Mk3 Ls400 with " old fashioned " electrics to sort out from time to time than a more modern car with incredible electronic wizadry which WILL MALFUNCTION a lot younger than ours and will cost a small ( or maybe large ) fortune to put right 

No answer for you from me that's for sure !

Good luck

Malc

@steve2006 I saw a post from you. It was quite old but you mentioned you might have some ecu capacitors kits for the ls400 ? I have a 1991 and I’m struggling finding one of the capacitors in stock . Figure I may be able to just buy the kit off you and make life easy?  My number is 405-889-8743  shoot me a text plz!  

• Like 1

Swift ….. it’s good to see another “ active “ Mk1 owner here 😅

I’ve just acquired mine these past two weeks …… having had my first Mk1 about 25 years ago J54DAP ….. sadly long gone ! 

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links