Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RR Racing Headers

Hi Guys

What is the experience here from people who have fitted the RHD RR Racing PPE headers without the cats: is it compliant for UK air emissions? is it okay to get these fitted without buying the rest of the RR Racing tuning package?  Also, what else do you need from them; engine mounts, new gaskets etc?

Thanks all

I have heard rumours that the second CATs are sufficient at helping with emissions and the MOT, of which I can't confirm yet.

Consider getting a flash tune because you will get a code on the O2 sensors (post CAT). To remove those you will either need high flow CATs or a tune.

Consider the following:

- New engine mounts

- Front O2 sensors

- You will need O2 Sensor extensions

- New starter motor as you're there

- Starter motor plugs as they become brittle

- Heat tape to wrap around the extenders

- New exhaust gaskets (manifold to exhaust)

- You can reuse the OEM manifold gaskets as they're 4 layer metal.

I did the swap on my drive last month. It's a lot of hassle but achievable.

Any other questions please ask mate.

Thanks Rich - it sounds like a moving feast of additional items to consider, so not a project to be taken lightly from a budget perspective.  I may also call a garage that has been listed on here as having done this job before to see what they have to say.

Tempting though...

2 hours ago, Grey One said:

Thanks Rich - it sounds like a moving feast of additional items to consider, so not a project to be taken lightly from a budget perspective.  I may also call a garage that has been listed on here as having done this job before to see what they have to say.

Tempting though...

Yes costs mount up quickly. It's not a cheap job. I managed to find a rare, new set of RHD PPE headers in California when I was there, for £1k, but after supporting mods and upgrades, I still spent over £2.5k, and I even installed them myself!

On 9/6/2023 at 1:43 PM, Grey One said:

Tempting though...

I still have mine for sale if you are interested. Sale thread on here too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links