Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

this is my lexus

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

It's the very rare IS Stealth Pack. Makes it invisible to ANPR and speed cameras. 

A brilliant idea!

Except….I can’t help thinking there may be disadvantages to driving around in a car no-one can see.  

Oh well….swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LenT said:

A brilliant idea!

Except….I can’t help thinking there may be disadvantages to driving around in a car no-one can see.  

Oh well….swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

The way people,in no particular order, cut corners, abandon cars bridging multiple car parking spaces, fail to use indicator lights, don't slowdown or stop at Zebra crossings, they are implicitly not looking anyway so we might as well be 'invisible'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mo.ezaan is200 said:

but can u guys follow me i have only got 1 follower

I think the difficulty maybe that no-one is quite sure where you’re going.  😊  But welcome to the Club!

Personally, I am not by nature a follower.  But as a relative new-be myself, I am constantly impressed by the wealth of knowledge that LOC members will offer - with patience and good humour.

Ask any Lexus-related question you wish and someone will have the answer.

(Mind you, it does help if you’ve looked at the Manual first, if you have one.  Just saying! )

Might I suggest that- along with any photos of your new acquisition - you perhaps tell us how you got to choose a Lexus in the first place.  And why this particular model?

My first Lexus was a 2002 IS200, silver with black trim. I bought it for my wife but ended up mainly driving it myself before trading it in for a 2005 IS250 when it had done about 50000km and still looked and drove like new.

Amazingly enough I still occasionally spot it on the road and, as far as I can tell, it still looks to be in good nick.  In my recollection it did not offer a particularly exciting drive but had an exceptionally smooth gearbox complementing the equally smooth ride.  I was fond of the unique chronograph-style instrument cluster and the highly tactile gearstick with the spherical chrome grip.  Unfortunately this tended to peel and flake, and after I had it replaced once under warranty it already needed replacing again when I sold the car.  Also, both headlights were replaced under warranty because of water ingress, and one of them was replaced a second time for the same reason. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links