Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

24 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Indeed, for many retirees they give back 20% in tax, or worse some of us give back 40% so exactly how generous is 8.5% ?

You can always decline / delay  taking it or indeed any State handouts should you wish I believe ……. help stop the worrying over paying income tax 🥵

Relieve your tensions I’m sure 😂   Relieve the Exchequer of worrying too much too 👏

Malc  

18 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

You can always decline / delay  taking it or indeed any State handouts should you wish I believe ……. help stop the worrying over paying income tax 🥵

Relieve your tensions I’m sure 😂   Relieve the Exchequer of worrying too much too 👏

Malc  

The other thing to remember is if you were a 40% tax payer while working and paid that into a pension you only pay 20% when drawing out as a pension instead of the 40%.  However it does seem wrong to have to pay tax as a pensioner when you have paid it all your working life. With the new 8.5% increase I will now have to pay tax on the state pension because the personal allowance is not going up. 

46 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

The other thing to remember is if you were a 40% tax payer while working and paid that into a pension you only pay 20% when drawing out as a pension instead of the 40%.  However it does seem wrong to have to pay tax as a pensioner when you have paid it all your working life. With the new 8.5% increase I will now have to pay tax on the state pension because the personal allowance is not going up. 

Slight correction there. Some people in retirement may well be lower band rate taxpayers, but others will still be paying higher rate tax.

Not moaning really, the fact is at 40 % tax rate the extra paid in tax on the state pension part of your income shouldn't be keeping you up nights.

What irritates me is the false political messages that come with the triple lock.

• Like 1

There’s no reason for us “ less poor “ in our Society not to contribute enuf to our NHS  Armed Forces etc   …… Social Payments whatever  to those really “ destitute” 

Malc 

16 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

What irritates me is the false political messages that come with the triple lock.

Absolutely right. Also, people forget that the state pension is not a benefit or a handout. It was bought and paid for, in my case 45 years of national Insurance contributions.

• Like 1

I think current pensions are paid from current taxation NIs whatever ……. All we have paid in times past, say 45 years of NIs simply pays for current state pensions to us and other poor souls NOW ……. 

…… there’s no historic “ saved “ funds from or for any of us to benefit from going forward 

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

there’s no historic “ saved “ funds from or for any of us to benefit from going forward 

Malc 

Very true. Not our fault. We know who sold the golden goose and we are still paying the price.

53 minutes ago, GMB said:

Very true. Not our fault. We know who sold the golden goose and we are still paying the price.

There never was a Golden Goose ……. Taxation pays for everything covered by the State whatever it is apart from the increasing State Debt raised in the Markets to help out …… 

Politics and Partying, Labour or Tory is just the way they might individually mix up how it’s raised and spent ……. and how much is raised separately from the Markets and increasing State Debt ……. 

I'm not at all sure what differentiates the Parties   The finer detail of spending and raising to cover that spend seems to be the thought processes that get voters spellbound and wound up …… that’s politics I guess 

UK Golden Goose  never did exist 

Norway is possibly the only country with that Golden Goose …… saved up all the past oil revenue surpluses to cover all their State Pensions and Govt Spend  going forward 

Reading a while back that their Golden Goose is about £5mn per head of their population 

Excellent use of Oil Revenues …… good ‘ol oil eh ! 

Bring on the V8s of this world 😂

Malc 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GMB said:

Gordon Brown

Yup good old Gordon, Tonys doormat and fall guy. Oh Gordon I'm just stepping out for a bit would you hold this poisoned chalice for me, thats a good lad.

Gordon , did for investment and pensions what Attila The Hun did for world peace. Scorched earth anyone.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GMB said:

Gordon Brown

just simply the worst ever ............  destroyed the business I had at that time ...............  not been a fan of the Labourites since then tbh 🤣

His kind just lurking in the background to takeover from the sensible one's whenever the fancy takes 'em  ........... never never never trust them again to be sensible whomsoever they " put up " as their rational sensible acceptable leader at the front of any election

Malc

28 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

just simply the worst ever ............  destroyed the business I had at that time ...............  not been a fan of the Labourites since then tbh 🤣

His kind just lurking in the background to takeover from the sensible one's whenever the fancy takes 'em  ........... never never never trust them again to be sensible whomsoever they " put up " as their rational sensible acceptable leader at the front of any election

Malc

The problem for Labour is that despite their promises at the core it is always about wealth distribution regardless. The problem with that is real wealth has no borders so the axe will always fall on the next strata down because it is the only target that has the money and is still a fixed target that can be hit. Many businesses of course fall into that category as well as individuals. High asset value people and multi nationals can hardly ever be really caught. Hence, any promises to get behind business is just 'please elect us' then we can stab you in the back.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Hence, any promises to get behind business is just 'please elect us' then we can stab you in the back.

You're not wrong!   I really can't think of anyone I could trust to run the country.  Lot's of people wanted Martin Lewis at least because he seems to have a good heart and a conscience. He's pretty bright too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GMB said:

You're not wrong!   I really can't think of anyone I could trust to run the country.  Lot's of people wanted Martin Lewis at least because he seems to have a good heart and a conscience. He's pretty bright too.

Methinks we’re going to get a new raft of likely dimwits we’ve hardly ever heard of coming forward as possible “ leaders “ 

God Help Us One and All ……. toss that coin and pray ……

Martin Lewis would be up there with the likely ones who with hindsight you’d put up against the wall and …… bang bang bang ……. 

I simply can’t think of anyone in politics today I’d suggest or want to see as a new PM 

Malc

16 minutes ago, GMB said:

Thats usually the way until we find out they are merely human and like to eat two desserts.

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Thats usually the way until we find out they are merely human and like to eat two desserts.

Now as it happens there's actually sufficient space behind my internal gates for 3 cars.

Now as it happens I have to say this really appeals to me for that third spot. Not quite a milk float, but I can live with the disappointment.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1965-jaguar-mkii-3-8-2?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid_cpc&utm_campaign=ccuk_aware_views_retarget&fbclid=IwAR0B3SnghGhUa4L6eyR-a5N_-6bVe7zDRI6P3OdFSAfCQC-L_tUj-f4P_G0_aem_AbCkZCot3xBTmscXSFI72j2gbfk-Woq9tPcrlITeDFxBnuWTP12AGTJo6Au5vmIBZALdMhXyos51TeBqQ19Fbk-a

35 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Now as it happens there's actually sufficient space behind my internal gates for 3 cars.

Now as it happens I have to say this really appeals to me for that third spot. Not quite a milk float, but I can live with the disappointment.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1965-jaguar-mkii-3-8-2?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid_cpc&utm_campaign=ccuk_aware_views_retarget&fbclid=IwAR0B3SnghGhUa4L6eyR-a5N_-6bVe7zDRI6P3OdFSAfCQC-L_tUj-f4P_G0_aem_AbCkZCot3xBTmscXSFI72j2gbfk-Woq9tPcrlITeDFxBnuWTP12AGTJo6Au5vmIBZALdMhXyos51TeBqQ19Fbk-a

Personally not sure that the colour scheme looks right.  Should have left it just Silver or green.  It certainly stands out though but perhaps not for the right reason.

5 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Personally not sure that the colour scheme looks right.  Should have left it just Silver or green.  It certainly stands out though but perhaps not for the right reason.

Yes, I see your point. I suspect it is going to be a marmite situation with that colourway.

• Like 1

That pricing looks amazing …… didn’t they used to be highly sort after and min £15k to £50k ……. and lots of problems too if I remember 

Milk Floats more reliable and useful ….. you can go earn a crust with a MF 😂

Malc 

6 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

That pricing looks amazing …… didn’t they used to be highly sort after and min £15k to £50k ……. and lots of problems too if I remember 

Malc 

Malc with 3 days to go I would be pretty sure this will end up 20k plus. Not really after it, but I thought let's see how long until the milk float surfaces. Glad to see I've still got it !

7 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Malc 

L/H drive and assembled in South Africa and not very original so not really a collectors car.

I had been wondering about the rate of drainage on my new Battery. The issue was complicated, because temperatures had dropped. Still wondered if the Battery drainage was higher than it should be. Anyway the last week resolved that issue. Temperatures have risen and the car has literally been stood for the full week without any charging. In that week the voltage reading has dropped to 12.45 volts and that looks reasonable to me given it started from 12.68 volts.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 7:40 PM, lawler999 said:

Always fancied an XK myself , lovely shape , more pics please 

So, by popular demand.

Roof.jpg

Booty.jpg

Bonnet.jpg

Grill.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Only 4.2 litres?

Pah!

Strange, I think your wife said the same thing recently.:wink3:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links