Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Used Approved warranty and Relax Warranty

Djwbiker

Hello All,

I am looking to maybe selling my IS300h as I need a bit more space (if only Lexus did an estate car!!,  I don’t want an SUV, had RX’s previously) 
I purchased the IS from Lexus in March this year. It needs a service and MoT next month to comply with the Used Approved warranty.  The Used Approved warranty will continue until next March and the Relax warranty when serviced to October 2024.

Can anyone tell me if I sell the car privately are either of the warranties transferable to the new owner?

Thanks
Dave

Relax warranty is transferable, not sure if "used approved" warranty is transferable, perhaps best to ask Lexus. It is more like promised Lexus made to you as part of sale, the next owner is not buying from them, so there is nothing to transfer, but I may be wrong. 

Not sure what you mean "cannot have two at the same time"? User approved sales warranty is same as the warranty for new car and therefore more comprehensive than Relax. So basically it supersedes Relax until it ends. If there would be a fault that is not covered by Relax, then it could be claimed under Sales warranty. If the fault is covered by both then it does not matter which one you use. It is not like getting Relax warranty as part of service cancels the Sales warranty, or buying car which was recently serviced and still has Relax cancels it. 

Well it makes sense - because your new/used car warranty is more comprehensive, so there is no point of using Relax. But let's say you have 6 month left on your used car warranty and you just had service done. From this point on you will be covered by Relax warranty for up-to 12 months or 10,000 miles (with other T&C applying obviously), so once your new/used car warranty expires you can fall back on Relax. So it is not like it is "not given", it is just irrelevant until other warranty runs out, because it's coverage is inferior.

I guess I get what you are saying and we are kind of splitting hairs here. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links