Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

design sat nav and RSA.

i previously owned a UX250h fsport and have recently changed to the UX250h fsport design.

my question is about the sat nav and road sign assist.the handbook says:-

'the RSA system recognises specific road signs using the front camera and/or navigation system ,when speed limit information is available, to provide information to the driver via the display'.

i noticed on my last car that the speed limit was displayed regardless of where you were.e.g when coming out of the dealership onto the main road it flashed the speed limit even when there wasn't a sign nearby for the camera to pick up. on this car it only shows when there is a sign for it to see.

is this unique to this model or is there something missing in the sat nav settings ?

Sounds like mine.  I actually used to like the way the SatNav would display a picture of the motorway signs. The new version does not do that.

• Like 1

Interestingly the system can be a little schizophrenic with the head up display showing one speed limit and the nav screen showing another. I assume the head up display is the limit which the cameras have seen whilst the nail screen is getting it's information from the map. Neither is as accurate as the system in my previous car which wasn't 100% accurate either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

Interestingly the system can be a little schizophrenic with the head up display showing one speed limit and the nav screen showing another. I assume the head up display is the limit which the cameras have seen whilst the nail screen is getting it's information from the map. Neither is as accurate as the system in my previous car which wasn't 100% accurate either.

thankyou for your reply it's interesting that my last car seemed to be accurate but i do wonder as this system seems to be triggered by the camera seeing the roadsign itself how it can trigger a warning if you go over that speed limit if it cant actually register a speed limit as it can't see a sign as is the case in my original post.

i happen to be going into the dealership tomorrow to have a front dash cam fitted as my own dash can i can't use because they have moved the position of the cigarette lighter socket in the new model.i will ask them about the RSA and see what they say.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links