Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bilt Hamber Sonic Platinum

Hi all, I just wanted to check whether it's OK to use Bilt Hamber Auto Foam or Bilt Hamber Touch-Less on the Lexus Sonic Platinum paint which I understand has a soft self-healing surface?

Many thanks

Roger

Yes, no problem at all using snow foam products, or actually pretty much any detailing products, as long as instructions are followed. The only thing to avoid is anything too abrasive (T-Cut, yikes!) unless you know what you’re doing and are correcting the finish.

I’ve used Bilt Hamber Auto Foam for years on NX and RX and it’s very good, albeit quite strong so make sure the dilution ratio is right otherwise you might impact on previously added sealant/wax protection to a degree (but still wouldn’t damage the paintwork as you’d simply reapply protection as desired).

• Like 2

22 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Yes, no problem at all using snow foam products, or actually pretty much any detailing products, as long as instructions are followed. The only thing to avoid is anything too abrasive (T-Cut, yikes!) unless you know what you’re doing and are correcting the finish.

I’ve used Bilt Hamber Auto Foam for years on NX and RX and it’s very good, albeit quite strong so make sure the dilution ratio is right otherwise you might impact on previously added sealant/wax protection to a degree (but still wouldn’t damage the paintwork as you’d simply reapply protection as desired).

Thanks Ed for sharing your experience and for the reassurance. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2023 at 7:35 AM, First_Lexus said:

I use Bilt Hamber products and they are brilliant.  Sure they will be fine….

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/26/2023 at 12:01 PM, Mr_Groundhog said:

Bilt Hamber or Autoglym?
I quite like the Autoglym range, but I'm very far from an expert. I have also used some Gtechniq products that tured out to be great.

Autoglym make a few good products but if you’re serious about it I’d suggest Bilt Hamber as a more ‘professional grade’ range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another here for Bilt Hamber. My son put me onto their products some years ago and unless he finds something better I'll not change my allegiance. Even my wife uses one of their products i.e. Surfex and swears it is the best at about everything cleaning related and I'm inclined to agree!

From what I recall, much of their product is natural/organic and while that very often means poor performance, then not so with BH and in fact quite the opposite.

As ever, "horses for courses" and Autoglym is my go to when BH has nothing to offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links