Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Send destination to car not working.

Hello everyone first time post on here, has anyone managed to get the “ send destination to car” feature to work on Lexus Link +  app, inputting a destination on the app moves the map to the destination but I see no method of sending it to my car.

On the satnav screen there is a tab for “Trips” and according to the handbook, as supplied with the car, is there to show sent destinations.

Does it work for anyone else or am I missing something.

I can't get it to work either - same as you, I'll ask the dealer when I go in next week. And chase them up for an update on my missing key fob and wheel bolts😬

After comparing Lexus’s own navigation, Google maps and apple Maps via Appleplay I decided that apple Maps are the best (with an advantage of not needing to send the destination anywhere).

My previous car did not have an Appleplay so my previous experience was driving with outdated maps that did not reflect recent changes to roads. 

3 hours ago, wrightmtsj said:

Ok for me. Ensure you are in the car and nav is switched on.

But you might as well input the destination directly into the car's nav of your in the car if sat in it. Both the MB and Audi apps allow the user to send a destination to the car - and they are probably running older tech platforms. 

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning all,

I am the Aftersales Manager at Lexus Leeds, I wanted to let you know that the "Send to Car" function is currently not available on the latest multimedia system and will be patched in a future update - could be Q2 2024 at the very earliest. This update will probably be carried out Over-the-air so will need no dealer visit. 

Thank you.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JordanLeeds said:

Good morning all,

I am the Aftersales Manager at Lexus Leeds, I wanted to let you know that the "Send to Car" function is currently not available on the latest multimedia system and will be patched in a future update - could be Q2 2024 at the very earliest. This update will probably be carried out Over-the-air so will need no dealer visit. 

Thank you.

Hi Jordan,

Do you know when send to car will work again for MM19 systems with Lexus link plus? This feature did work on MM19 with the old app, but not with the new.

Thanks,

Paul

On 11/1/2023 at 11:49 AM, PDM said:

Hi Jordan,

Do you know when send to car will work again for MM19 systems with Lexus link plus? This feature did work on MM19 with the old app, but not with the new.

Thanks,

Paul

I'd be interested in knowing that too, as my NX-1 has MM19

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 11:49 AM, PDM said:

Hi Jordan,

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

This should also work at the same time, roughly Q2 2024 as it has been held out of the current App version. 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, JordanLeeds said:

Hi Paul,

This should also work at the same time, roughly Q2 2024 as it has been held out of the current App version. 

Thank you 

Thanks, Jordan, much appreciated.

I know all this is well out of your control, but If you get chance to feed back to Lexus, please tell them that there are ways to manage transitions to new platforms which don't not involve shutting off functionality for months at a time!

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links