Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The two design flaws on the ES!

Mincey

Shock horror - Mincey is dissing the ES! Oh no - Wall Street will crash, KFC will run out of chicken and the BBC will become impartial - whatever next?

What have I always moaned about on the ES? Yes, the fact that the boot struts don't disappear into the top of the boot as they do on the 3IS. That's bad. What makes it even worse? I'll tell you. Powered closing. I'm away on business and it was chucking it down earlier. I needed a meal deal for tomorrow and the hotel car park was rammed. Tiff was parked safely (I hope) away from the hoi polloi so the only option was to walk to the supermarket. My Lexus Cambridge brolley was at the back of my boot. Not at the front for some reason. This would have been the sensible place to put it. Anyway, I digress. I pulled the storage boxes I have for all my IT gubbins forward, retrieved the brolley, pressed the close button and went on my merry way.

When I returned 40 minutes later, Tiff's boot was up. "Oh bother" I said, or something very similar to that. I went to have a look and pressed the close button. Down came her shapely bottom. It then stopped. I realised why. I had not pushed one of my boxes of IT gubbins back to the safety of the darker parts of her boot. The strut had come down on a Unifi wireless access point which I had placed on top of the box. Sadly it's one I had prepared for a customer. I hope it still works after being crushed, or I'll have to buy them another one.

Come on Lexus, why oh why oh why didn't you design the ES boot so that the struts were like the IS's? If this was impossible, why didn't you put an alarm in? Something like "Help! Help! I can't close my boot" at 90 decibels would have done the trick. B- see me after class.

I noticed that when switching from IS to my ES, it does seem an oversight from the company who have such attention to detail.

then again, I used to work in a large glass fronted office block where everyone could see the car park, as the new owner of a 3 litre BMW 4 series, one very rainy day, I got out of the car and nonchalantly blipped the lock on the remote over my shoulder confident that people would be admiring my car as I ran out of the rain. About an hour later security rang me (I was sat the other side of the building) to ask if I knew my boot was open? I hadn’t of cause locked the car I had opened the boot.

sometimes operator error is to blame😀

It has been said - I don’t remember by which journalist - that a car’s main design flaw is usually its owner.  Not, of course, that this in any way applies to Lexus.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links