Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for a LS600h, does anyone know this one?

6 hours ago, W4SIM said:

Hello Sir

Just after I replied to Newbie777 yesterday I made an appointment to go see the car. 

I was told over the phone that this was a part-ex taken in against a newer LS500h the customer had bought. Also, the Cat S damage was done in March of this year to the rear quarter, about the size of a tennis ball. The insurance company wanted a new rear quarter panel and given the price for the repair against the value of the car it was written off. I wasn't told which rear panel was damaged but the repair was so good that you'd struggle to tell. The rest of the car had a few minor scuffs and chips to the front end. The drive is brilliant and has a full Lexus service history, having just had a few thousand pounds spent at Lexus recently on repairs to the climate control system. Brilliant I thought, I'm expecting a bit of minor damage given the age and mileage of the car but definitely one i could live with. I told him I'm not one to waste someone's time so if its as described and we settle on a price I'll take it away today. 

When I arrived i was parked about 7-8 metres away from it and it looked quite nice parked there in the sunshine. I'm having this i thought. But just so I don't get too giddy about it I took 2 friends down for a second opinion. 

The first thing they noticed was the damage repair on the driver's side rear. Its right on the wheel arch, the repair is not only swelling/blistering up but its also dull around there, stands out a mile compared to the surrounding paint work. The drivers rear door has a few dents in it, a kid on a bike I was told. The front bumper on the passenger side has been hit or driven into something at low speed. The paint is cracked there and the bumper bracket is broken on the corner so its all out of place. The entire passenger side of the car has been repainted at some point, you can tell by the orange peel effect which isn't present on the surrounding panels/areas. All 4 wheels need a refurb, and at a good guess I'd say the TPMS valves will break upon removal, so another set required there.

On the drive the very first thing I noticed was a rattle on the driver's side rear upon acceleration, like an exhaust heat shield or the exhaust back box rattling on the bodywork. Very annoying to say the least. The drivers door armrest and for some strange reason the b pillar where the seat belt is (just next go your right shoulder) were badly worn. 

Along with that, and I'm guessing this is true for all LS600's and not just this one.

The guy asked me to check the power by accelerating hard on the dual carriageway. For the claimed BHP it felt quite slow, I understand its a heavy car, but I wouldn't use the word Performance anywhere near it. The revs were going up a lot faster than the pace of the car. What can only be described as a slipping clutch in a normal petrol manual car. Very weird feeling. 

I did mention this elsewhere, wether the Hybrid system was worth having on this car, and the answer is No. It doesn't work above 25 mph, and cuts to petrol at the gentlest touch of the accelerator. Just like I've always thought, its more of a Gimmick. 

So unfortunately, unless its about 70% off the price, its not worth the hassle for me. Thats not to say its a total scrap, just needs time and money spending on it which i don't have. 

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I would walk away, there maybe more issues.

Also I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but most people think service history shows how well  maintained the car,   but I think all the bills and invoices are equally as important, when was the Battery replaced? the brakes, any sensors etc.

I live in Oldham so if you want to have an experience in my car, 2010 model, send me a pm.

My car so far has three issues, passenger side sidelight bulb out, drivers wing mirror works but does not fold and tpms light on.

I think these can be sorted without too much time and money

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

most people think service history shows how well  maintained the car,   but I think all the bills and invoices are equally as important

Couldn’t agree more, fully stamped main dealer service history isn’t ‘the holy grail’ and only shows that the recommended service has been carried out. It doesn’t mean that any issues or potential issues detected when carrying out the service have been rectified, invoices will show this.

• Like 1

I bought my LS600h L a month or so ago and can't rate it enough, it's got a full fat Lexus history and I've taken it for it's latest service and Battery health check, keep that up and I can't see any reason for them to fail. Our last RX450h had over 150k and absolutely flawless reliability. The LS has 73,000 currently, so low miles really.

Such fantastic cars and the drive is sublime, also pretty rare in the UK, mine cost close to £20k but intend to keep for a while.

Cat S isn't something to be too concerned about, it's Insurance companies getting ridiculous repair costs and writing off rather than fixing, if the repair is done well, go for it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 1:07 PM, W4SIM said:

Hello all

Haven't been in a Lexus for a long while now and I think its about time to get back into one. Looking for a full fat LS600h this time, rather than the GS300's and Aristo's I've had before. 

This one seems to fit the bill for me, only down side being that its a previous Cat S repair. Biggest fear is the Hybrid battery but as it has a full Lexus service history I'm assuming there will be some cover from Lexus on it.

Anyone been to see it by any chance or know anything about it?

I just found my dream car... Search for yours https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202309031501732?advertising-location=at_cars&atmobcid=soc5&fromsra&make=Lexus&maximum-mileage=150000&model=LS 600h&sort=price-asc

On 10/23/2023 at 2:50 AM, W4SIM said:

Hello Sir

Just after I replied to Newbie777 yesterday I made an appointment to go see the car. 

I was told over the phone that this was a part-ex taken in against a newer LS500h the customer had bought. Also, the Cat S damage was done in March of this year to the rear quarter, about the size of a tennis ball. The insurance company wanted a new rear quarter panel and given the price for the repair against the value of the car it was written off. I wasn't told which rear panel was damaged but the repair was so good that you'd struggle to tell. The rest of the car had a few minor scuffs and chips to the front end. The drive is brilliant and has a full Lexus service history, having just had a few thousand pounds spent at Lexus recently on repairs to the climate control system. Brilliant I thought, I'm expecting a bit of minor damage given the age and mileage of the car but definitely one i could live with. I told him I'm not one to waste someone's time so if its as described and we settle on a price I'll take it away today. 

When I arrived i was parked about 7-8 metres away from it and it looked quite nice parked there in the sunshine. I'm having this i thought. But just so I don't get too giddy about it I took 2 friends down for a second opinion. 

The first thing they noticed was the damage repair on the driver's side rear. Its right on the wheel arch, the repair is not only swelling/blistering up but its also dull around there, stands out a mile compared to the surrounding paint work. The drivers rear door has a few dents in it, a kid on a bike I was told. The front bumper on the passenger side has been hit or driven into something at low speed. The paint is cracked there and the bumper bracket is broken on the corner so its all out of place. The entire passenger side of the car has been repainted at some point, you can tell by the orange peel effect which isn't present on the surrounding panels/areas. All 4 wheels need a refurb, and at a good guess I'd say the TPMS valves will break upon removal, so another set required there.

On the drive the very first thing I noticed was a rattle on the driver's side rear upon acceleration, like an exhaust heat shield or the exhaust back box rattling on the bodywork. Very annoying to say the least. The drivers door armrest and for some strange reason the b pillar where the seat belt is (just next go your right shoulder) were badly worn. 

Along with that, and I'm guessing this is true for all LS600's and not just this one.

The guy asked me to check the power by accelerating hard on the dual carriageway. For the claimed BHP it felt quite slow, I understand its a heavy car, but I wouldn't use the word Performance anywhere near it. The revs were going up a lot faster than the pace of the car. What can only be described as a slipping clutch in a normal petrol manual car. Very weird feeling. 

I did mention this elsewhere, wether the Hybrid system was worth having on this car, and the answer is No. It doesn't work above 25 mph, and cuts to petrol at the gentlest touch of the accelerator. Just like I've always thought, its more of a Gimmick. 

So unfortunately, unless its about 70% off the price, its not worth the hassle for me. Thats not to say its a total scrap, just needs time and money spending on it which i don't have. 

On 10/23/2023 at 6:54 PM, Jon Evans said:

Through the wheel well I think. I know the headlamps are different between the LS460 and LD600, but if you search YouTube for “LS460 headlamp bulb replacement” you’ll find a couple of useful videos which might get you started. One with the wheel on and another with the wheel removed.

On 10/23/2023 at 7:09 PM, Jon Evans said:

On 10/26/2023 at 5:22 PM, Jon Evans said:

Did you manage to get it sorted Niaz?

Hello Wasim,

Any luck with your car search?

Loving mine, everything is spot on for a 13 year old car  (bar one sidelight bulb).

Although not an issue for me the 5 seater long wheelbase, the middle seat is setup so that you sit way too high and  your head hits the roof, ok for a child, but surprised about Lexus thinking or engineering on that one!

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links