Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Boomers 'Epitaph'

Boomer54

19 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

And another..Screenshot_20231027-174823.thumb.png.a481f9bcb732a96b1a37b72094cc97e8.png

I 've seen the adverts. It's angry lawyers.com.

I like the W naval symbol T shirt. I'm sure my wife got me one of those just after we got married?.

The bad news is that now it is cats on boats. DOH!

Cat Boat GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Thinking about 50 hours laid on the cobbles cleaning rust off, may be this one is about me.Old.thumb.jpg.e412f7c64d0478887da6af274388c116.jpg

Actually, whilst that pic is posted it brings to my mind a particular issue. You see my body feels 'biblical', but my head still thinks I am circa 18 year old , elastic as hell, leap small mountains in one go , swim the channel without breathing etc etc. I suspect I am not alone in having this dual persona issue.

• Haha 1

If we are ever in another war I know who I would want in the trench next to me. English mens rugby may be well off the mark, but fortunately no one told the women who play for England. My hat is off to these ladies , but I bet they will not get the rapturous welcome the men would have got had they won .

Rugby.jpg

• Like 1

“Change gonna come”

Yes – “by 2030 you’ll own nothing and you will be happy”

How to reduce the numbers, by dear old Bill,  the WEF and the WHO all on its way courtesy of the Politicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_JqGaA7v3w

The bad times they are “a’coming” – fast!

On 11/2/2023 at 2:53 PM, Boomer54 said:

Actually, whilst that pic is posted it brings to my mind a particular issue. You see my body feels 'biblical', but my head still thinks I am circa 18 year old , elastic as hell, leap small mountains in one go , swim the channel without breathing etc etc. I suspect I am not alone in having this dual persona issue.

I am not. Still an athlete with a perfect body nothing wrong with it. (Just pulled a muscle in my back while stringing my shoe laces, could not walk for a week!!)

20 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

I am not. Still an athlete with a perfect body nothing wrong with it. (Just pulled a muscle in my back while stringing my shoe laces, could not walk for a week!!)

Clearly top level athletes like yourself are bound to be super sensitive to soft tissue injury simply because of the highly developed nature of your fast twitch muscles. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

“Change gonna come”

Yes – “by 2030 you’ll own nothing and you will be happy”

How to reduce the numbers, by dear old Bill,  the WEF and the WHO all on its way courtesy of the Politicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_JqGaA7v3w

The bad times they are “a’coming” – fast!

They're really not, at least not for any reasons claimed in that video.

Sadly I sat through it, and it appears to be yet another scare mongering conspiracy theorist, who conflates projections with intent, in order to drive clicks.

As has been previously pointed out, the WEF comment about people owning nothing was a very obvious, and clearly stated prediction, based on the trend towards people owning less as a matter of personal choice, and not a stated aim, which some have tried to claim.

In reality, the WEF's actual stated goal was "By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.”

Which is the very opposite of what conspiracy theorists try to claim. If anything their stated goals appear to be largely aimed at increasing individual freedoms and empowerment, as well as reducing poverty, disease and crime, and using technology to benefit populations as a whole, rather than a few individuals or corporations. As such it generally pays to read what someone's goals are, in their own words, rather than relying on falsified misrepresentations made by people looking for online followers.

Equally, Bill Gates has made statements about population growth and the problems he perceives from that. I think his perceptions and predicions are wrong, but nowhere do I see him proposing the kind of population control that this youtuber claims. At most he suggests that spending millions on keeping an already dying individual alive for an extra few months might not be the best use of public finances, which sounds nowhere near as unreasonable as this guy is trying to make out.

I looked at his channel, and it seems to be a mixture of anti vaxxer stuff, with a blend of conspiracy theories, and a helping of fundamentalist christian end times and apocalypse mumbo jumbo,  so not somewhere I'd instinctively go for rational global commentary. However,  especially in the US, there's an appetite for this type of alarmist thing, and telling people what they want to hear is often a good way to generate subscribers and ad revenue.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

They're really not, at least not for any reasons claimed in that video.

Sadly I sat through it, and it appears to be yet another scare mongering conspiracy theorist, who conflates projections with intent, in order to drive clicks.

As has been previously pointed out, the WEF comment about people owning nothing was a very obvious, and clearly stated prediction, based on the trend towards people owning less as a matter of personal choice, and not a stated aim, which some have tried to claim.

In reality, the WEF's actual stated goal was "By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.”

Which is the very opposite of what conspiracy theorists try to claim. If anything their stated goals appear to be largely aimed at increasing individual freedoms and empowerment, as well as reducing poverty, disease and crime, and using technology to benefit populations as a whole, rather than a few individuals or corporations. As such it generally pays to read what someone's goals are, in their own words, rather than relying on falsified misrepresentations made by people looking for online followers.

Equally, Bill Gates has made statements about population growth and the problems he perceives from that. I think his perceptions and predicions are wrong, but nowhere do I see him proposing the kind of population control that this youtuber claims. At most he suggests that spending millions on keeping an already dying individual alive for an extra few months might not be the best use of public finances, which sounds nowhere near as unreasonable as this guy is trying to make out.

I looked at his channel, and it seems to be a mixture of anti vaxxer stuff, with a blend of conspiracy theories, and a helping of fundamentalist christian end times and apocalypse mumbo jumbo,  so not somewhere I'd instinctively go for rational global commentary. However,  especially in the US, there's an appetite for this type of alarmist thing, and telling people what they want to hear is often a good way to generate subscribers and ad revenue.

Is this a Trump-ety Trump Trump scenario opening here ……. I know best and send me your money ……. after all you are a Follower and Click Click Click YOU WILL send me lots of $$$$  ……. Bless You my son 😇……. and you WILL VOTE FOR ME 

………. quack quack quack it’s Donald speaking 😱

Malc 

( sorry,  I’m totally non-political ) 

• Like 1

I've in a club like that. It's called sons of Gout. I'm a martyr to it. Not allowed ibuprofen Doc says it will destroy my remaining kidney function....... What??

Couldn't ride the bike because I could not change gear with a swollen foot.

Note to Lexus owners - Motorbikes have a foot gearchange. Lexus let their computer decide.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GMB said:

I've in a club like that. It's called sons of Gout. I'm a martyr to it. Not allowed ibuprofen Doc says it will destroy my remaining kidney function....... What??

Couldn't ride the bike because I could not change gear with a swollen foot.

Note to Lexus owners - Motorbikes have a foot gearchange. Lexus let their computer decide.

You'd be fine if you just stop eating and drinking ! 😏

• Haha 1

I have realised that all the things that you like doing are not allowed anymore. Unfortunately I have to drink in moderation - that's a relative term - and limit the amount of red meat and a few other things.

The resultant pain is a good way of keeping one healthy.

Illustration representing the pain associated with the Gout. Etching by ...

• Like 1

Hmm, think I will have to temper the empathy on this one. On the onehand Gout is awful and very painful. The excess uric acid and crystalisation in the joint can be disabling to say the least. My god I hear you say as he got that as well? Nope, because I am a good little lad. This is where the other part of the story is, only big bad lads get it for the most part. My eldest brother had this on and off all is life from his teens. When it's bad it's really bad. However, he was what we call up here a proper lad which is to say a 'big' bad lad when it came to what he put inside himself. 15 pints and a block  of cheese to soak it up. Bet that sounds familiar?

However, as we boomers know by now life is almost always a trade off. You takes your pleasure and then you takes your pain and the only question worth asking is was it worth it?

16 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Is this a Trump-ety Trump Trump scenario opening here ……. I know best and send me your money ……. after all you are a Follower and Click Click Click YOU WILL send me lots of $$$$  ……. Bless You my son 😇……. and you WILL VOTE FOR ME 

………. quack quack quack it’s Donald speaking 😱

Malc 

( sorry,  I’m totally non-political ) 

Quite possibly Malc, as he also has another youtube channel, telling people how they can pay off their mortgage in 5 years, along with other financial advice.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links