Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to purchase a SC430

Craig_f

34 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Have to decide if I can live with a boring silver colour.

And I really like the Maple wood.

Agree colour is everything …only plus with silver, it’s doesn’t show the dirt as bad 😉

Red’s and Blue’s for me are the best colours with cream (Rutland) leather, yet they both look odd with black leather .

Although black leather looks spot on with a silver car .

So it’s price over condition over colour choice 🤔

My car needs a bit of work yet it was the colour that got me hooked, that and it’s had 1000’s of pounds spent on it at Lexus.….colour is king 👍🏻👍🏻

"yet they both look odd with black leather" the caveat being that that is your opinion. I don't agree with the term 'odd', but I would say the Ecru combination is aesthetically more appealing to me. All being said, if the leatherwork people can restore my cars black leather to a 'factory finish' I will take that over unrestored Ecru showing the usual signs of compression of which I have seen many online.

Also don't believe 'colour is king'. It is important, but not as important as the overall condition of the car. I did see colour ways I preferred initially to mine, but none were in the condition of the car I bought so that is an example of a choice being made. As time passes this blue has now become my favourite. When you get to polishing distance you can see the glimmer within the blue shimmering. It's got real depth.

• Like 2

Just to motivate your search for a SC 430. Guy was here fitting a window into my cellar rooms so thought I would make use of the time to give her a wash and go. Here she is at dusk. She won't be on that plate much longer.

Dusk.jpg

• Like 1

Going to have a look at this on Saturday.

Decided to stick with Ecru as the colour of choice.

5 owners, last serviced 2022 but has only done 20k miles in last ten years.

No mention of cambelt and expect exhaust to be on last legs. But worth a look as it will only be a ten mile detour

Trader so happy to walk away if not great.

gd51 23.jpg

gd51 13.jpg

gd51 22.jpg

Have made enquiries on a few. Amazing how lacklustre peoples responses are. They are supposed to be selling their car to me! I am not prepared to go driving all over the country looking at cars that have been economic with the truth.

One guy claiming his Powerflow exhaust has added 50bhp. No dyno printout....he just "knows".

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Have made enquiries on a few. Amazing how lacklustre peoples responses are. They are supposed to be selling their car to me! I am not prepared to go driving all over the country looking at cars that have been economic with the truth.

One guy claiming his Powerflow exhaust has added 50bhp. No dyno printout....he just "knows".

50bhp extra…that’s the silver car in West Malling yes ?

guy as been trying to selling for months his prices have been up then down then back up again..currently £6995 on a classic car site.

It’s had paint work done ..rear badges have been off…should read SC430 but says 430SC !!

That's the fellah!

Not going to drive out there. His definition of immaculate may also be open to question. And will not budge on price apparently. Thought it was a buyers market.

Has the blue car got cream or ecru leather?

Neil on here had done extensive development on his SC430 exhaust, and what they guys had done would only be 5-6bhp max.

I had that car lined up to go look at and done an HPI check etc but that’s when it was at 8995.00 ….the price is more appealing now.
       He ducks and dives and had two other cars for sale ,Mercedes and Range Rover…so I’m sure he wants this SC sold.

It’s another local to you, so you could just go and look 👍🏻

You mention blue car ?

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

50bhp extra…that’s the silver car in West Malling yes ?

guy as been trying to selling for months his prices have been up then down then back up again..currently £6995 on a classic car site.

It’s had paint work done ..rear badges have been off…should read SC430 but says 430SC !!

Now play nice may be he is dyslexic? or just a t..t.

15 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Not in any real hurry. Would be nice to have one by April to take to Europe.

Half the fun is in the chase.

I thought I was the only one that likes the hunt, more than the ownership 😁😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob King said:

I thought I was the only one that likes the hunt, more than the ownership 😁😁

You are both beginning to sound like my wife...window shopper. 😀

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Another great advert.

Strapline. "Drives Mint"

Hmmmm. Onwards!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202308231108901

When I see anything around £4k mark I think it's in no particular order;

1. Rust bucket

2.Bodywork marked to hell

3.The above with higher mileage

4. A bargain from someone who doesn't know the value of his car, or was hit on the head by something recently.

On 11/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, Mossypossy said:

Not a chance. As Bob said, perhaps 5 or maybe 10 with a remap.

I've got the mad max version gathering cobwebs in the garage if you want to try one that's a smidge quicker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neil E said:

Not a chance. As Bob said, perhaps 5 or maybe 10 with a remap.

I've got the mad max version gathering cobwebs in the garage if you want to try one that's a smidge quicker.

When you say 'gathering cobwebs' are you talking about an exhaust? Not the (gulp) car surely 😪

7 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

When you say 'gathering cobwebs' are you talking about an exhaust? Not the (gulp) car surely 😪

There are a couple of log manifolds on a shelf gathering dust but yes I'm referring to the car. Most of the time I use the RX or GS. There's no time for 'top down' or even 'top up' fun these days. It will see the light of day soon as it is due an MOT in December. 

Looking at the list of SCs on AT at the moment there isn't much choice and I would say that most are overpriced.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Neil E said:

There are a couple of log manifolds on a shelf gathering dust but yes I'm referring to the car. Most of the time I use the RX or GS. There's no time for 'top down' or even 'top up' fun these days. It will see the light of day soon as it is due an MOT in December. 

Looking at the list of SCs on AT at the moment there isn't much choice and I would say that most are overpriced.  

I agree. They are either of the 'not what you want' ,or overpriced.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links