Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to purchase a SC430

Craig_f

7 hours ago, Malc1 said:

at least she hasn’t room to stuff your body in the boot …… she’ll need a Ls for that 😂

Malc 

Better off with the SC430, boot capacity 368 litres. The LS600h only has 330 litres if the info I found is correct. Knowing how much space the hybrid Battery takes up, I did a quick search on the smallest LS model.🙃

Might be another SC with a light interior coming to the market soon. My car was MOT'd today, no advisories. The garaged did the usual service checks and top ups but refused to do the oil and filter change as the car has only done 152 miles since they last did it, last December when it was tested. 40 of those miles were driven between home and the garage. If someone can send me directions to the walk of shame, I'll take it. 

11 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

not many other cars you can fit a roof in the boot.

I tried to fit a Jeep one in mine.

2016-12-09 12.08.39.jpg

Very....... stylish.

A neat way of collecting a car part I guess?

• Like 1

Yes, it's a bit wild for an SC and yes does have a very expensive sound system that is mostly wasted on radio 2 or whatever channel has the cricket on. 🤣 I sometimes feed it some Pink Floyd but clearly not lately as I've clocked up the work miles in the GS and RX.

The shortened story is in the build thread section. It's very much a fun (money pit) project car, not a nice straight-forward example of an SC430. 

Yes there is a strict baggage allowance with any SC430 and it's worse in mine but there are some compensations as well as drawbacks. 

It's not so good if you are on a constant touring holiday but fine having a base for a few days or a 2 week, 2 base holiday as we frequently do. I rarely travel over long distances at high speed with the roof down, it's far more comfortable with it on but then you get some summer days when you can soak up the sun and enjoy the full open top experience.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neil E said:

Might be another SC with a light interior coming to the market soon. My car was MOT'd today, no advisories. The garaged did the usual service checks and top ups but refused to do the oil and filter change as the car has only done 152 miles since they last did it, last December when it was tested. 40 of those miles were driven between home and the garage. If someone can send me directions to the walk of shame, I'll take it. 

Very....... stylish.

A neat way of collecting a car part I guess?

"Might be another SC with a light interior coming to the market soon." Stock ,or ?

23 minutes ago, lawler999 said:

Neil's car is definitely not stock .

And is definitely one of a kind , in a real nice way .

152 miles in a year , that's probably lower than what Nick has done in his 🤣

I know it is not stock as I read his build thread. I was assuming he was serious about parting company and basically asking was he thinking about removing some mods.

9 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I know it is not stock as I read his build thread. I was assuming he was serious about parting company and basically asking was he thinking about removing some mods.

I52 miles in a year says it all really so yes I would sell it to the right person but what would be the reason for removing any of the modifications? There was a time in the project when most things could go back to stock fairly easily but that was a long time ago. 

Hi Paul, thanks for the comment. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Neil E said:

I52 miles in a year says it all really so yes I would sell it to the right person but what would be the reason for removing any of the modifications? There was a time in the project when most things could go back to stock fairly easily but that was a long time ago. 

Hi Paul, thanks for the comment. 🙂

I would leave it as it is as probably the most unique SC in the UK. If I didn’t already own mine I would love to buy it myself.

There are selling rules to follow. When I get time I will put something up in the proper manner. The vid is a bit out of date now but it's easy to find and in the build thread which also has more recent pics. 

The car needs to go back to the garage for some minor paintwork in the new year when they can fit it in. After that I'll need to go over it properly to make sure it drives as it should. Then if someone wants it, I'll set it up and reset the ipad screen and the car apps, obd, etc for a new user.   

• Like 1

Makes two for the garage. Alloygator came loose yesterday and by the time I had pulled over it had whipped around and messed up the paint around the wheel arch. Xmas prezzy I could have done without.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

That low exhaust wouldn’t last 5mins in my area of suburban London …speed humps/ speed platforms etc 😳😳

IMG_6241.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links