Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recommendation for steering wheel lock, for 2023 NX350H

1 hour ago, JP56 said:

I have a 2023 NX350H and am looking for recommendations for steering wheel lock. One that fits & is reliable. Ta

I have just bought this Milenco on the recommendation of another member.  It’s a very solid and well-tested bit of kit.  I can’t say if it will fit your wheel, but it’s perfect on my IS250.

It takes a bit of practice, but it’s easier to store in the car than the Disklok I used to use.  I bought this direct from the Milenco outlet.  It’s the latest version with rubber blocks that lift the lock off the steering wheel so that it doesn’t mark it.

The only problem I found is that sometimes the rubber blocks dropped off the Milenco before it was located on the wheel. Of course it may not happen to you, but  I solved this by fitting a couple of cable ties around the blocks and locking them to the Milenco.

Milenco Direct outlet:

https://www.milenco-outlet.co.uk/security/milenco-high-security-steering-wheel-lock-yellow.html

IMG_20231026_141103232~2.jpeg

IMG_20231026_140933957.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

I have just bought this Milenco on the recommendation of another member.  It’s a very solid and well-tested bit of kit.  I can’t say if it will fit your wheel, but it’s perfect on my IS250.

It takes a bit of practice, but it’s easier to store in the car than the Disklok I used to use.  I bought this direct from the Milenco outlet.  It’s the latest version with rubber blocks that lift the lock off the steering wheel so that it doesn’t mark it.

The only problem I found is that sometimes the rubber blocks dropped off the Milenco before it was located on the wheel. Of course it may not happen to you, but  I solved this by fitting a couple of cable ties around the blocks and locking them to the Milenco.

Milenco Direct outlet:

https://www.milenco-outlet.co.uk/security/milenco-high-security-steering-wheel-lock-yellow.html

IMG_20231026_140933957.jpeg

It was I That Recommended the Milenco Steering Wheel lock Len Mine is silver and looks really cool but dosen,t have the Rubber blocks You Mention.. Never mind it does Make the car look really Protected Albeit only for opportunist car Thieves If its a pro Your car,s AWAY Still Think The circling Crocodiles Is the Real Deal..!!!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Eggie said:

I use a disklok. Not the cheapest or lightest but strong

I regard the Disklok as the Big Daddy of them all.  As I recall, it was the first - and is still one of the few - to pass the ‘5 Minute Attack’ test, resisting the attentions of professional destroyers.

I had two - and still have one - but find it awkward to store in the car and a bit more cumbersome than the Milenco.  But given that, its great strength is that it covers the entire wheel,  so sawing through the wheel is no longer an option.

The Milenco is one of the few others to pass the same attack test.  What decided me is that it takes up less room in the car. -  but it also takes more getting used to in order to fit and remove smoothly. 

It’s possible that somewhere like Halfords might stock them both, so you can compare them directly.  

8 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

t was I That Recommended the Milenco Steering Wheel lock Len Mine is silver and looks really cool

It was indeed your recommendation Ron that clinched my decision.  Has Milenco not yet sent you your commission?  🙁

I agree that the silver version does look classier, but in the end I went for ‘In-Yer-Face’ yellow on the basis that instant visibility is one of the claimed benefits.

I decided the Disklok was too heavy and bulky for everyday use, so went for the Milenco silver variant for my NX350H. It fits fine, with no real need for rubber blocks as long as you are sensible about it's position and resting it once in place. As others have mentioned, it can be stowed in the passenger foot-well without taking up too much space.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LenT said:

It was indeed your recommendation Ron that clinched my decision.  Has Milenco not yet sent you your commission?  🙁

I agree that the silver version does look classier, but in the end I went for ‘In-Yer-Face’ yellow on the basis that instant visibility is one of the claimed benefits.

Len.. Haven,t received a Ding Dong Dongle From Milenco But You Never Know " Christmas Is Just around The Corner...yes i do Seem to go on about this product.. A Colleague of Mine at The Hospital Bought one and He also Praises it ...I must stop Pratling on about it...You,ve cheered me up No End Len..lol

• Haha 2

I have had the standard milenco steering wheel bar for 2 years now and it has been fine. I don't know how effective a deterrent it is because I have seen no evidence of attempted theft. Therefore I assume that it is doing its job.

Fits fine, no scuffs on wheel, looks good and robust.🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LenT said:

The only problem I found is that sometimes the rubber blocks dropped off the Milenco before it was located on the wheel. Of course it may not happen to you, but  I solved this by fitting a couple of cable ties around the blocks and locking them to the lock.

Those pesky rubber blocks are annoying when they detach so easily. I'll try your solution. The lock itself is very easy to use when you get used to it, I'm pleased with it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Those pesky rubber blocks are annoying when they detach so easily. I'll try your solution. The lock itself is very easy to use when you get used to it, I'm pleased with it.

COLIN If You Position The Milenco Steering Wheel lock VERTICALLY Between the wheel struts You can dispense with the Rubber pads as Positioning in this way Does not indent the Steering Wheel in any way..  i don,t have these Rubber pads and if you position them the way i have explained You Won,t need them...You Follow..? I Have a Sponge on the seat which takes the weight of the Lock ..Hope that helps..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I Have a Sponge on the seat….

🫢

Steady on, Ron.  This is a family website, you know!

But back to positioning the Milenco….

With me it depends on whether I remember to do it before or after the steering wheel lock has engaged.  

If it’s engaged, then it has to go vertically on the left or I can’t get out.  I also have to remember to move my left leg and sit slightly sideways or I’ll have trouble getting my leg over.  (But it was ever thus!)

If steering lock not engaged, then I can position the wheel as shown so that the Milenco is horizontal over a key spoke.  I also find it easier to operate the key in the Milenco lock when it’s right in front of me.

Still, how dull Life would be without these little challenges?  😊

PS.  I should add that Milenco themselves illustrate the lock in the horizontal position.  On my wheel it will only cover the spokes with the paddles, which means positioning the wheel before the steering lock engages.

I hope that clears that up!

1 hour ago, LenT said:

🫢

Steady on, Ron.  This is a family website, you know!

But back to positioning the Milenco….

With me it depends on whether I remember to do it before or after the steering wheel lock has engaged.  

If it’s engaged, then it has to go vertically on the left or I can’t get out.  I also have to remember to move my left leg and sit slightly sideways or I’ll have trouble getting my leg over.  (But it was ever thus!)

If steering lock not engaged, then I can position the wheel as shown so that the Milenco is horizontal over a key spoke.  I also find it easier to operate the key in the Milenco lock when it’s right in front of me.

Still, how dull Life would be without these little challenges?  😊

PS.  I should add that Milenco themselves illustrate the lock in the horizontal position.  On my wheel it will only cover the spokes with the paddles, which means positioning the wheel before the steering lock engages.

I hope that clears that up!

Gosh Len.. That was a Perambulated Explanation...Lets keep it simple.. When you are about to put on the Milenco lock First of all Make sure the steering wheel is Orientated in the correct position I.e. The Lexus symbol is exactly level..Then holding the lock vertically Place between the Two Struts of the wheel and Engage the lock .THEN put the sponge on the seat to support the lock.. Simples.. You Are A Clever Gentleman len so this should be a Doddle..!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links