Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sensor cleaning

2 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

…. Cleaned them with A Lint soft cloth with some WD40 But Is Vaseline a better Product to use To Clean the sensors… 

Sounds like overkill.  What’s wrong with plain water and a sponge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Started Lexi This Morning and got a Message saying Parking Sensors needed cleaning .. Cleaned them with A Lint soft cloth with some WD40 But Is Vaseline a better Product to use To Clean the sensors.. Whats everyone,s views on This..Thanks.

Had the same message - but it went off. Will give them all a quick clean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Sounds like overkill.  What’s wrong with plain water and a sponge?

Tried cleaning with Just Plain Water and a Sponge but the message came back on.. it was only when i cleaned the Sensors with WD40 the Message disappeared..............................................................................................................................................

Interesting, and something I’ll keep in mind.  I‘ve had the message several times after driving in (literally) filthy weather with the front sensors coated with wet dirt kicked up by preceding vehicles, and a pouring of clean water only occasionally helped by a sponge has always been enough to clear them. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 5:01 PM, Rabbers said:

Interesting, and something I’ll keep in mind.  I‘ve had the message several times after driving in (literally) filthy weather with the front sensors coated with wet dirt kicked up by preceding vehicles, and a pouring of clean water only occasionally helped by a sponge has always been enough to clear them. 

Also Try A Little Vaseline Smeared over the Sensors Renato Just a Little though.. Seems this is very effective...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links