Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2010+ Lexus ISF to choose

Hi,

which car in your opinion represents the best value for money out of all ISFs on the UK market right now? 
Im looking for a 2010+ car with LSD.

Spoke with few sellers already but I will need to start viewing them in few days time. 
Have you seen any dodgy or battered ones to avoid? 

Wait for a 2011/12 with proper LSD and the single rev counter arrangement plus a few other improvements that I am not sure of. The single rev/speedo is a big giveaway clue.

Mine is now SORNed and I would like to sell it and get some dosh but I just can't bear to part with it. It will probably be back on the road by May 2024.

BEWARE...........There are a few so called "facelift" models out there but in my opinion they are not true later facelift cars. I also have doubts about imports. My son has a fantastic Subaru Legacy with the right engine in it but the problems with the Japanese setup/displays/limiters/ pollution control etc cannot be overcome.

Best of luck!

BTW bought mine 3 yrs ago £21K  Value now possibly £27???  62K miles and absolutely spot on perfect according to the lexus garage.

This is correct

2010 vs 2011 IS-F - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMB said:

Wait for a 2011/12 with proper LSD and the single rev counter arrangement plus a few other improvements that I am not sure of. The single rev/speedo is a big giveaway clue.

Mine is now SORNed and I would like to sell it and get some dosh but I just can't bear to part with it. It will probably be back on the road by May 2024.

BEWARE...........There are a few so called "facelift" models out there but in my opinion they are not true later facelift cars. I also have doubts about imports. My son has a fantastic Subaru Legacy with the right engine in it but the problems with the Japanese setup/displays/limiters/ pollution control etc cannot be overcome.

Best of luck!

BTW bought mine 3 yrs ago £21K  Value now possibly £27???  62K miles and absolutely spot on perfect according to the lexus garage.

This is correct

2010 vs 2011 IS-F - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

I've been looking at the ISF market recently and I've found that 2011 or 2012 cars are very rare.

I'm looking at 2010 model onwards. As long as it has the blue bottom on the steering wheel it will be an LSD model. 

I wouldn't be deterred by an import. There won't be any major issues with owning a JDM ISF in the UK. In fact there's a bloke on here who's importing (or has imported) an ISF via Torque GT. 

• Like 1

A newly imported car could actually be a good option. A lot of imports from Japan are almost rust free and look like new underneath. 

I've had a few Japanese import cars over the years and was very happy with them. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HPS13 said:

A lot of imports from Japan are almost rust free and look like new underneath. 

That's a very good point, plus, maybe some cars are easier to convert to UK spec than others. Just be aware of the potential problems and check it out. I think the issue is made worse when that particular Japanese model is not exported to the UK.

Even if he could get the UK parts for the Subaru which is very unlikely, they will be very expensive as the dashboard elements are integrated into the computer system. He just enjoys it as it is even though it is limited to 100 mph or thereabouts.

The acceleration is not affected up to the limited max speed.

and Yes the massive drainpipe exhausts are standard!

LEGACY002 /2003 SUBARU LEGACY B4 GT SPEC-B TURBO (BL5) FOB1648000JPY ...

• Like 2

My two pennys worth:

It looks like the right one BUT It's too cheap - why?

One side of the car does not match the other side - have a look.

Mileage check and MOT check shows the last owner used it a lot and maybe not too nicely?

FLSH ?

F sport carbon trim on the door - does not compute.

Tread carefully.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GMB said:

My two pennys worth:

It looks like the right one BUT It's too cheap - why?

One side of the car does not match the other side - have a look.

Mileage check and MOT check shows the last owner used it a lot and maybe not too nicely?

FLSH ?

F sport carbon trim on the door - does not compute.

Tread carefully.

Also missing the centre plastic on rear bench seats. Push start isn't OEM, centre console isn't OEM finish.

If you do go and look at any ISF make sure the following:

- check cold start and for ticking from engine bay when cold (cracked headers)

- remove plastic engine cover and check all round for pink coolant leaks (Valley plate)

• Like 1

It's funny isn't it when you look at something and speculate on the background. If I were looking at the car I get the impression that the last owner was a boy racer. Other things that put me off -  The English flag on the number plate, the bits of carbon extra trim, the unequal mileage history in the MOT records. I checked my car and the centre console looks the same OEM to me. Someone has changed or stuck a carbon plastic sticker over the start button. Carbon sticker over door sill.

They do not show the engine bay - What is wrong there?

My gut reaction would be to walk away, but who knows, it may have been loved and the last owner just had bad taste?

I would invest in a Lexus expert to have a proper look at it first.

If you go and look at it please let us know what your impressions are. Call the last Lexus dealer service record and ask about the service history.

• Like 1

That white 2011 car was on Autotrader not long go for about £23-24k privately.

The advert showed the car with a carbon bonnet and carbon boot. Also had exhaust, intake and ECU tune and perhaps a few other mods. 

Go with your gut. Personally something feels off about the car. 

Nothing wrong with a modified car or even track used car, it's the owner that's the concern and how it was driven. Hard to say when a car has had lots of previous owners, exactly what condition it is in. It also depends on where you plan to take the car. If it's to go on track and be used in such a way, you might not be interested in paint condition, etc. It's all subjective but I'd go and see it in person and see how you feel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichGS11 said:

Nothing wrong with a modified car or even track used car, it's the owner that's the concern and how it was driven. Hard to say when a car has had lots of previous owners, exactly what condition it is in. It also depends on where you plan to take the car. If it's to go on track and be used in such a way, you might not be interested in paint condition, etc. It's all subjective but I'd go and see it in person and see how you feel.

Agreed, nothing wrong with mods. IIRC it had an RR Racing system and PPE headers which I believe is a decent setup. 

Given the rareness of these run out models, if I was in the market for one, I would definitely drive over and look at this car in the metal and take it out for a drive - there is only so much select pics online can tell you.  If you know your onions I think you'd soon know if it was a pup or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saqib_v8 said:

That white 2011 car was on Autotrader not long go for about £23-24k privately.

The advert showed the car with a carbon bonnet and carbon boot. Also had exhaust, intake and ECU tune and perhaps a few other mods.

To me that says "FLEE"

• Like 1

It is going to be daily car as I had RCF for 2 years. Issue with RCF was that 12&7 years old kids don’t fit in the back. My boy was kicking me and daughter could not touch floor because RCF seats are so deep. It was annoying after a while + 2 doors I promised myself to get in next 5-10 years when this issue is gone. Also I don’t need a flashy car and didn’t like that all the people around looks at RCF, a proper head turner. 

A sleeper with similar engine would be great.
I don’t care about people looking at it because I excessively break speed limits so no time to focus on them:)

Personally I like the two blue examples. high mileage but maybe for the right price. Nothing near £18-£19k though. 

• Like 1

This blue one looks genuine on first impressions. Mileage a bit high but still 100,000/13 is still only 7500 miles per yr.

MOT history shows the usual minor things but nothing stands out as odd.

If the service history checks out and it gets a clean bill of health from the lexus garage check then it might be a good one for £17-18K provided no consumables need replacing e.g. tyres, brakes, bushes. Needs the usual checks on the radiator, leaks suspension, manifold, bushes etc but Lexus should advise that on their health check.

Scotty whatshisname reckons the Toyota/Lexus V8 and auto gearbox/diff is good for 240K miles without serious wear and tear, but it all depends on how it has been treated.

Lexus IS F

5.0 V8 Auto Euro 4 4dr

2010 (10 reg)

£18,950

I went to see the blue one GMB is talking about and recommend you steer clear, as it's not in great shape and the dealer is tricky. 

D3ron is one of the forum members and his car is currently up for sale on AT, if you don't mind the mileage. 

If I were still in the market, I'd definitely be travelling to Leicester to see the 25k car with 50k-ish miles. Better budget for at least a rad and water pump change whatever you do. Valley plate leaks are certainly becoming more common now, too. 

• Like 1

Thanks for saving me a trip to tricky dealer.

£25k is way too much for 2010 isf, doesn’t matter mileage or even condition in my point of view. 

For this sort of money I would go straight to Japan auctions to import 2014 fully loaded low miles model for same or lower money and with some nice alcantara colour too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going back to reliable v8s. Scotty's video shows one still OK at 700,000 miles!

Hers a clip from a post on the forum by Nigel:

he American Scotty Kilmer does some entertaining, funny and informative YouTube videos. He also owns Lexus cars himself.

Below is a link to a scary but yet at the same time somewhat reassuring video on an extremely high mileage SC430 confirming the importance - as we all know - of a regular timing belt and water pump change ultimately resulting in a Lexus SC430 (albeit very tatty) still running at 698,760 miles (see 2.19 in video).

See Nigel's clip for the video.

• Like 2

No criticism, but being bit of an ISF geek, and knowing how reliable/well made they are, I aways find vague comments like "One to give a miss" etc disappointing.  Would be great for the education of the rest of us if people can give specific details when saying a car for sale is one to avoid (e.g. 'looks like a crash repair looking at the paint and shutlines" or "the engine was noisy from the top end with a loud rattle" etc).

Thanks 🙂

55 minutes ago, Grey One said:

No criticism, but being bit of an ISF geek, and knowing how reliable/well made they are, I aways find vague comments like "One to give a miss" etc disappointing.  Would be great for the education of the rest of us if people can give specific details when saying a car for sale is one to avoid (e.g. 'looks like a crash repair looking at the paint and shutlines" or "the engine was noisy from the top end with a loud rattle" etc).

Thanks 🙂

I understand your disappointment and invite you to pm me if you're interested in what I thought. I personally prefer to speak to those parties looking to view directly in detail. Also, if you take a look back at some older threads, this car has previously been mentioned by others in a negative light. 

19 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

Thanks for saving me a trip to tricky dealer.

£25k is way too much for 2010 isf, doesn’t matter mileage or even condition in my point of view. 

For this sort of money I would go straight to Japan auctions to import 2014 fully loaded low miles model for same or lower money and with some nice alcantara colour too.

Fair play. Good luck with your search. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links