Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

700,000 miles Lexus SC430 Scary but Reassuring Review.

Nigel Coleman

The American Scotty Kilmer does some entertaining,funny and informative YouTube videos. He also owns Lexus cars himself.

Below is a link to a scary but yet at the same time somewhat reassuring video on an extremely high mileage SC430 confirming the importance - as we all know - of a regular timing belt and water pump change ultimately resulting in a Lexus SC430 (albeit very tatty) still running at 698,760 miles (see 2.19 in video).

Well, highest ever that is known on youtube that is. How about all the French cars in Africa. After a tough life in France without too much maintenance ( Only visit the garage if something breaks) they start a second life in the African countries and just keep soldering on. Also the mercs 200 they simply refuse to die. Would not be surprised if the peugeots 504, 204 etc form the seventies and eighties are all member of the million mile club!

58 minutes ago, GMB said:

Yes, that's 1.1million kms!

Highest ever is the Volvo 1800 with over 3 million miles. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Are we still talking about cars ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Well, highest ever that is known on youtube that is. How about all the French cars in Africa. After a tough life in France without too much maintenance ( Only visit the garage if something breaks) they start a second life in the African countries and just keep soldering on. Also the mercs 200 they simply refuse to die. Would not be surprised if the peugeots 504, 204 etc form the seventies and eighties are all member of the million mile club!

I doubt a Peugeot got anywhere close at least from that period. Rust buckets.

• Haha 1

I was forced to drive peugeots as company cars.

The best of the lot was the 504. Followed by an M16.

The others were faulty pieces of something or other.

104ZS - exploded

106Xsi - new computer and permanent  electrical/ignition problems

A few 405's OK but a bit plaid, eminently thrashable 1.9 Efi engine

205Gti nippy but flawed and not very reliable/ oil leaks etc, but that could be due to the hard life that it had.

9 minutes ago, GMB said:

I was forced to drive peugeots as company cars.

The best of the lot was the 504. Followed by an M16.

The others were faulty pieces of something or other.

104ZS - exploded

106Xsi - new computer and permanent  electrical/ignition problems

A few 405's OK but a bit plaid, eminently thrashable 1.9 Efi engine

205Gti nippy but flawed and not very reliable/ oil leaks etc, but that could be due to the hard life that it had.

I had a 504 back circa '82. I christened it 'the tank'. Heating didn't work. Rusting a major issue. I liked it ,but it really was a piece of crap. My wife had a new Peugot 205GTI. She had that about 10 years and in fairness it was pretty much fault free. We sold it local and I saw the buyer regularly and he raved about it. I do think by the time the 205GTI was out car manufacturers in general were upping their game at least on bodywork. Before that though i recall a wide array of European cars that were a bodywork liability. Mostly Italian of course ,but some French were not far behind.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links