Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio Delay

MJ13

Hi. Whenever I start my lexus gs300h 2013 the audio is not comming on. The radio, display and everything else comes on, but no audio. I have to drive for about 20-30 minutes before audio kicks in and it fuctions as it should afterwards unless I switch the car off and leave it sitting for half an hour or so, then I have to wait for another 20 30 minutes for the audio to come back on. It seems that whenever the car goes in to sleep mode it disables audio and then takes forever to come back on. Any idea what could cause this delay? Other car forums suggested their problems were related to relays sticking/delaying to open... But I could not locate a relay that would be related to the amp or audio except from 2x30A fuses that were fine. Any help would be greatly apreciated especially from my 2 year old boy who at the moment thinks that it is me who is not switching the music on.... It would save a lot if tears and stress! Thanks!

Hi Marius

Had a similar problem with my LS600hL, except my audio did not come back intermittently. I weas convinced it was the amplifier and had to send to USA for testing. Eventually the problem was found to be poor connections in a multi connector located under the rear seat. Connections had corroded due to liquid spillage at some time of the car's life.

I know they are different vehicles but there just might be a common thread that might help you.

Good luck

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links