Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX300h Drivers Side Wiper Blade Keeps Splitting

The driver's side wiper blade on my NX300h has split in exactly the same place, twice in the last 12 months. Last December I replaced the original 2019 blades with a new OEM set from Lexus Parts Direct. In July I noticed that the driver's side had already split only 6 months later. I had to order new a new one from LPD to replace it (they wouldn't offer any warranty replacement on it)... then today I've noticed the new one has split again, in exactly the same place. Any one else had this? I'm now thinking that I have some sort of problem with the wiper that is causing the blades to keep splitting. 🤔🤔🤔

To be clear, the problem is at the far right hand side of the offside (long) wiper (so the bottom of the blade sweep).

PXL_20231121_121053021.jpg

PXL_20231121_121046796.jpg

Not that it's much help but adding to Grumps .... got my NX300h new in April 2019 and never had a problem with any of the wipers, never replaced.  Very recently part x'd it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

The driver's side wiper blade on my NX300h has split in exactly the same place, twice in the last 12 months. Last December I replaced the original 2019 blades with a new OEM set from Lexus Parts Direct. In July I noticed that the driver's side had already split only 6 months later. I had to order new a new one from LPD to replace it (they wouldn't offer any warranty replacement on it)... then today I've noticed the new one has split again, in exactly the same place. Any one else had this? I'm now thinking that I have some sort of problem with the wiper that is causing the blades to keep splitting. 🤔🤔🤔

To be clear, the problem is at the far right hand side of the offside (long) wiper (so the bottom of the blade sweep).

Might be an issue with the wiper arms

Having said that the flat style Lexus wipers are rubbish. Change them to Bosch ones and see if you have any issues. Will probably be cheaper than oem too

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:02 AM, Steve Oliver said:

Does seem odd. I only had 1 blade split in the time I had my 300h and it was at least 18 months old.  I do tend to replace front wipers every 2 years at my local Toyota garage and ask them to check the rear - which does last longer

• Like 2

Yeah, essentially mine has split 3 times in a year. Exactly the same place each time. Not sure what to do. First one was only replaced after 3 years! At £18 a throw or something, this is going to cost a fortune if it keeps happening. 🥴

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 1:57 PM, rayaans said:

Might be an issue with the wiper arms

Having said that the flat style Lexus wipers are rubbish. Change them to Bosch ones and see if you have any issues. Will probably be cheaper than oem too

Would Agree Rayaans.. The problem seems to be with the Wiper Arms and NOT withThe Rubbers..Surprised lexus Dealership did not Look at that...Because no one else to MY knowledge appears to have that problem with the Rubbers so One must Deduce that That the inherrant Fault Is with the Wiper arms........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Would Agree Rayaans.. The problem seems to be with the Wiper Arms and NOT withThe Rubbers..Surprised lexus Dealership did not Look at that...Because no one else to MY knowledge appears to have that problem with the Rubbers so One must Deduce that That the inherrant Fault Is with the Wiper arms........

Hi Ronnie, I don't disagree. At the moment Lexus dealership seems to be going by the "not heard of that before, so must be your problem" route - but if these Bosch ones go the same way, I'll be back on to them. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links