Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is350 F-Sport 2012

funkykebab

I have just purchased this amazing car after 7 years in an is250.

I would like to change the clocks to a uk one, and i need a radio section.

What years can i swap from was it.... 2008 onwards on the 2is that the wiring connection changed?

Thanks

20231116_154852.jpg

20231116_154858.jpg

20231116_154909.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats on bagging an IS350 she looks like a beaut!

You'll need a facelift radio which I happen to have if you wanted to see if it works / buy it off me but if youre going through the effort to change that out I'd recommend getting an Android Head unit instead like a Teyes CC3, itll replace the screen section of the radio and modernise the car in general with wireless apple CarPlay as theres no guarantee a UK facelift radio has the same wiring necessarily til you compare them. 

If you can take a photo of the back of the radio and show how the interface looks (white or black for climate control) you can tell if its facelift infotainment or pre facelift 

Hi Matthew and welcome to the square numberplate club, I now have a 2004 model year Celsior having previously owned a 1994 model for 16 years.

The instrument cluster was already replaced in mine on purchase from a UK spec LS430 so now reads in MPH and also I believe removes the 112 MPH speed restriction.

The “Infotainment” system is the original so most of the settings for Climate control, Bluetooth phone are in Japanese including of course the Sat Nav. Radio 2 on FM is the only radio station available due to the Japanese frequencies used. There is an app which allows you to take a photograph of the Japanese words which translates them into English.

With you being located within ULEZ I hope you checked to make sure the car is Euro compliant (mine isn’t even though the equivalent UK model is).

Pictures of mine with the Japanese style plates which are perfectly legal in the UK, I also understand that ANPR cameras cannot read them although not tried to prove this 😀.

Have a look under the passenger side glovebox/footwell area on the door side for an empty hollow black plastic tube.

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, McShmoopy said:

Congrats on bagging an IS350 she looks like a beaut!

You'll need a facelift radio which I happen to have if you wanted to see if it works / buy it off me but if youre going through the effort to change that out I'd recommend getting an Android Head unit instead like a Teyes CC3, itll replace the screen section of the radio and modernise the car in general with wireless apple CarPlay as theres no guarantee a UK facelift radio has the same wiring necessarily til you compare them. 

If you can take a photo of the back of the radio and show how the interface looks (white or black for climate control) you can tell if its facelift infotainment or pre facelift 

The guy i brought it from already changed the sat nav section but not the radio, and as i have the ML i know need the extra connections. 

Not a fan of the Android fitments that i have seen on the is250s 

But would be interested in the radio though if its the right one 

5 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Matthew and welcome to the square numberplate club, I now have a 2004 model year Celsior having previously owned a 1994 model for 16 years.

The instrument cluster was already replaced in mine on purchase from a UK spec LS430 so now reads in MPH and also I believe removes the 112 MPH speed restriction.

The “Infotainment” system is the original so most of the settings for Climate control, bluetooth phone are in Japanese including of course the Sat Nav. Radio 2 on FM is the only radio station available due to the Japanese frequencies used. There is an app which allows you to take a photograph of the Japanese words which translates them into English.

With you being located within ULEZ I hope you checked to make sure the car is Euro compliant (mine isn’t even though the equivalent UK model is).

Pictures of mine with the Japanese style plates which are perfectly legal in the UK, I also understand that ANPR cameras cannot read them although not tried to prove this 😀.

Have a look under the passenger side glovebox/footwell area on the door side for an empty hollow black plastic tube.

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

Did you have to get the clocks mileage corrected?

19 minutes ago, funkykebab said:

The guy i brought it from already changed the sat nav section but not the radio, and as i have the ML i know need the extra connections. 

Not a fan of the Android fitments that i have seen on the is250s 

But would be interested in the radio though if its the right one 

No problem I could part with the bottom section if needed as its spare, I take it your infotainment has a white screen when youre on the climate control section like this? Thatll indicate its facelift Infotainment 

image.png.3ff2cc830a870f6d0c9fae8a61d894f5.png

8 hours ago, funkykebab said:

Did you have to get the clocks mileage corrected?

Again this was already done when I bought it off Phil another club member, it had 99,000 KMs on import converted to the equivalent mileage.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, McShmoopy said:

No problem I could part with the bottom section if needed as its spare, I take it your infotainment has a white screen when youre on the climate control section like this? Thatll indicate its facelift Infotainment 

image.png.3ff2cc830a870f6d0c9fae8a61d894f5.png

Yes looks exactly like this

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links