Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

NX350h Remote Climate and Door Locking

We had occasion to use the remote climate app function today and we noted something which might be of use to other owners.

We always have the climate control in the car set to Auto with the Concierge set "on" to automatically heat the seats and steering wheel. We used the app to select front and rear defrost but without the seat/wheel heating options. The car responded as required and was ready to go in 10 minutes with clear screens. However, the automatic settings on the car had been overwritten by the app just like if you were sitting in the car and had selected the de-icers manually. In order to get back to the automatic seat heating etc, we had to cycle the Auto button on and off in the car. This seems to restore the previous settings.

Is there an app operating manual which gives full details of how it all works? We have noticed a similar overriding functionality of the app before as using the remote lock/unlock function resets our preferred manually set "unlock on Park button" to speed sensitive unlocking which allows door opening while waiting in traffic (not preferred).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Is there an app operating manual which gives full details of how it all works?

Unfortunately Malcolm there is no Lexus Link+ manual. There doesn't appear to be any further information than that you can find in the android/apple respective app stores in the 'about this app' section. I found that the app overrode my 'open doors on shift to park' too.

It seems that we just have to live and learn as we use the app, which has a habit of doing unexpected and frustrating things from time to time.

• Like 1

I just cannot understand why no instructions exist. This is a silly omission. They could have written this app overriding in car settings business into these.

Just to clarify my previous post, we reset the "open doors on shift to park" by going into the car setup menu and toggling the relevant setting off/on. 

• Like 1

Mine is the same, @malcolmw. When I can get the remote climate/start to work on mine (it works when it wants to - some days it doesn't want to 'play ball' and will eventually time out in contacting the car), it'll correctly set the car to as I want it from the app. However, it doesn't change back and will remain as per the app settings when I get into the car. Without a manual for the car, I don't know if this is normal and whether this can be changed or not. 

I've also had a play-around with the 'open doors on shift to park', but on my car it doesn't appear to make any difference where I toggle it to. The car remains locked in park regardless and passenger doors have to be unlocked by the button on the door before they can open the doors. 🤔 Oddly, that isn't the case with the driver's door, which I can just automatically override it being locked by simply opening the door. It's been a quirk of the car from day one and I think I've just about given up trying to change it now. I just live with it. Again, without a manual I'm literally just tapping things on the screen at random. 

43 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Without a manual for the car, I don't know if this is normal and whether this can be changed or not. 

Manuals are available to download from the Lexus website. Checkout the  section for all the options one can change

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links