Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

User name or password incorrect

A message has started to appear on the screen saying 'User name or password is incorrect. Try again'. The message disappears when the touch pad is pressed, but reappears whenever I restart the car. I changed my Lexus password but this hasn't solved the problem. My Lexus dealer had never heard of this. I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this problem and can tell me what the message refers to.

I got the message to sign in as an existing member of the LOC every time I tried to post on a Forum this past week using my Iphone but not my Mac even though the two are linked.  Whenever I tried to log in on the Iphone after being asked to confirm, successfully, that I am Not A Robot, I was then told that either my User Name or my Password were incorrect when neither of them were.  So I proceeded to change my password anyway and twice managed to successfully log in and post in swift succession.  But not the next day, when I needed to repeat the whole sequence again after my access was several times locked for, strangely, “14 Minutes” each time before I could Try Again.  If the present writing successfully posts I will be happy to think that my latest password has finally been accepted or adopted or registered or digested or whatever by the system.  I know, Malcolm, that we are talking about different systems but it could perhaps be that for some reason or another both systems require time for password changes to be recognized.

1 hour ago, Rabbers said:

I got the message to sign in as an existing member of the LOC every time I tried to post on a Forum this past week using my iPhone but not my Mac even though the two are linked.  Whenever I tried to log in on the iPhone after being asked to confirm, successfully, that I am Not A Robot, I was then told that either my User Name or my Password were incorrect when neither of them were.  So I proceeded to change my password anyway and twice managed to successfully log in and post in swift succession.  But not the next day, when I needed to repeat the whole sequence again after my access was several times locked for, strangely, “14 Minutes” each time before I could Try Again.  If the present writing successfully posts I will be happy to think that my latest password has finally been accepted or adopted or registered or digested or whatever by the system.  I know, Malcolm, that we are talking about different systems but it could perhaps be that for some reason or another both systems require time for password changes to be recognized.

Are you logging in with your username?
If so, then don't as this may be the issue. Log in with your email address and then the password.
It does help to also accept all cookies so that it makes it easier to sign in each time

I solved this problem on my MY23 model by resetting my password to no longer have capitals in it. I couldn't make the uppercase key work on the touch screen in my case. The message hasn't come back since making this change in My Lexus on my workstation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

I solved this problem on my MY23 model by resetting my password to no longer have capitals in it. I couldn't make the uppercase key work on the touch screen in my case. The message hasn't come back since making this change in My Lexus on my workstation. 

Agreed. I had exactly the same issue a few weeks ago on my NX and resolved it by resetting the password using lower case only. 

Thanks for your input. I don't know what the in-car message refers to. I have tried using my Lexus ID and my email address as the user name when inputting info in the car, and I only have one password for all Lexus websites. I have no problem signing in to any Lexus website when using my PC, but my car seems to think I have some other user name or password. Fortunately, hitting the touch pad deletes the message and everything then works as it should, however it would be nice to know why it has suddenly started doing this. Some time ago I kept receiving a message saying that the server was not available, but that has now gone away without any action from me. I think artificial intelligence is taking over.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

Are you logging in with your username?
If so, then don't as this may be the issue. Log in with your email address and then the password.
It does help to also accept all cookies so that it makes it easier to sign in each time

Thanks for the prompt reaction.  I believe I did nothing incorrectly since the login instructions and procedure are perfectly simple and clear and by no means unfamiliar.  The issue seems to have purely concerned password recognition, and now thankfully appears to be resolved.

• Like 1

One thing to keep in mind. If you (like me) use a password manager and use the randomly generated passwords, sometimes there will be characters in there that a website or app won't like. Generally, these tend to be 'programatic' characters, such as " & {} etc. So, if you have problems like this try an alphanumeric password. Usually, an exclamation mark is a safe bet - perhaps use that instead of an i.

Hope that helps!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links