Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car seat stretching

Hi

Has anyone experienced this on their NX, starting to see some stretching on the drivers seat after 900 miles.  I am not a light person by any means but dont recall this on any previous cars

Thanks

20231130_112705.jpg

40 minutes ago, Richolf said:

Hi

Has anyone experienced this on their NX, starting to see some stretching on the drivers seat after 900 miles.  I am not a light person by any means but dont recall this on any previous cars

Thanks

20231130_112705.jpg

Is that 900 miles from new? If so, I would not hesitate to take it back under warranty and ask them to make it 'fit for purpose'. The latter words have a particular meaning under law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only done about 3k miles but have ventilated seats. No sign of any stretching but my detailer did treat them just after I got the car. I tend to slide into seats and did have stretching on both Merc and BMW. I’m also about 100kg. I would agree with above. Lexus need to sort yours.

• Like 1

After a while I'd expect that (and worse), but after only 900 miles in? Hmm... 

Anyway, here's mine for your reference if it's of any assistance. Mine is up to 2100 miles now. The only thing I've noticed is the starting of a slight crease on the outer panel of the bolster - obviously where I get in and out the car, which I know I catch with my right leg when I get out. I started noticing this little crease at around the 1100/1200 mile mark. It doesn't bother me as such as I know it's inevitable with leather, but it does seem a little early for marks like that to appear, unless I'm just being overly fussy.

IMG_2570(002).thumb.jpg.703fdaaf568f909f140fe97e414704ad.jpgIMG_2571(002).thumb.jpg.9a27885ef804911712f08a03201a35f3.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links