Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX downsizing to LBX

2 hours ago, Nick W858 said:

I completely agree, my GS450h is too big for pootling around town but I’m retiring early (taking voluntary severance) and whilst I don’t think I will work again, I might and if it involves long journeys again then I’d rather do it in the GS as opposed to a city car and much as it’s nice to swap cars, financially it’s never normally the most sensible thing to do.

Swapping early, might mean a bit of a financial hit....but if it's time to change…it makes little difference?

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I have a test drive in one of those at the end of March. Takumi grade nearly new £15k less than a new LBX! 

Mine is the Gt sport tech, 3yrs old skyactive x 4wd. Only had it a week. Previous owner fitted it with every extra and only done 4K miles a year. Half the price of a Takumi LBX 
Got a 200 mile drive tomorrow, so will get to test properly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I have a test drive in one of those at the end of March. Takumi grade nearly new £15k less than a new LBX! 

Excellent choice.I was gearing up to buy one but had my head turned by the RC.

You should go to Motorlux Mazda in Newbury...sales contact Dave Beard.

Used them for service for 10 years and sold back both my Mazdas to them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tonyw said:

picked up a Mazda CX30 instead

And how are you liking it? Oh I see you have already answered that

Edited by MartinH

8 hours ago, MartinH said:

And how are you liking it? Oh I see you have already answered that

Firmer sportier than the ES, as to be expected 

It is slower 0-30 without the instant hybrid push, but once it picks up in the higher revs it feels more capable.

Not missing the rear seat space as I pretty much drive alone anyway, in terms of equipment it is almost the same, sunroof, CarPlay, heated seat and wheel etc, I do really like the heads up display but am really missing the auto start from indoors on a cold morning. The Bose setup is better than the standard Pioneer but no where near the ML

I have averaged 30ish around town and hope to get the 45+ on my motorway trip later, so economy is looking OK. I was getting 45-55 in the ES 

My insurance has halved 

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

I just upsized UX to NX. Collected the car last week and after 1 week, I should say it is a different world. The surrounding sound system is amazing, and how quiet the cabin is in comparison with UX. The car is driving in EV mode more than half of the time in town and over all I am getting 45MPG and on motorway it gave me 49MPG. The 14” screen is very quick and responsive and auto parking feature is fantastic. The tank is taking 65 litres which is giving 650miles. With UX I was going to petrol station more often as the tank was only 40 litres. No wonder WhatCar? rated UX 2 stars. 
In the show room I also saw 2 LBX which looked nicer than online pictures. Seems well built, inside looks very good and top quality.  I think if anyone wants to buy UX consider buying LBX instead. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 1:08 PM, Rodd said:

I just upsized UX to NX. Collected the car last week and after 1 week, I should say it is a different world. The surrounding sound system is amazing, and how quiet the cabin is in comparison with UX. The car is driving in EV mode more than half of the time in town and over all I am getting 45MPG and on motorway it gave me 49MPG. The 14” screen is very quick and responsive and auto parking feature is fantastic. The tank is taking 65 litres which is giving 650miles. With UX I was going to petrol station more often as the tank was only 40 litres. No wonder WhatCar? rated UX 2 stars. 
In the show room I also saw 2 LBX which looked nicer than online pictures. Seems well built, inside looks very good and top quality.  I think if anyone wants to buy UX consider buying LBX instead. 

You’re not really comparing apples to apples.  The UX has just been upgraded to the 300h which now has a similar mk5 powertrain to the new NX so it has a power upgrade, bigger motors and far better fuel efficiency.  It also has the same touchscreen and software as the NX.  What car will encourage you to buy a Peugeot over a Toyota, they’re journalists not engineers.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 9:12 AM, Don C said:

You’re not really comparing apples to apples.  The UX has just been upgraded to the 300h which now has a similar mk5 powertrain to the new NX so it has a power upgrade, bigger motors and far better fuel efficiency.  It also has the same touchscreen and software as the NX.  What car will encourage you to buy a Peugeot over a Toyota, they’re journalists not engineers.  

Right. I just simply compared it with UX model 2020. The main reason I upgraded to NX was that I wanted something bigger and more spacious specially the boot and rear seats. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links