Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX downsizing to LBX

Well, retirement approaches and my use of NX's that I've owned will soon end as I switch to a 'major' downsize..  I hope that I will not be disappointed with the new LBX Takumi, I understand that the LBX is slightly smaller than the UX (which I was going to go for) but loaded with a lot more knobs and whistles and technology..

I'll see the LBX car at the dealership in December/January but not taking delivery until March-ish..  has anyone on this forum actually seen the LBX close up? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ed659 said:

Well, retirement approaches and my use of NX's that I've owned will soon end as I switch to a 'major' downsize..  I hope that I will not be disappointed with the new LBX Takumi, I understand that the LBX is slightly smaller than the UX (which I was going to go for) but loaded with a lot more knobs and whistles and technology..

I'll see the LBX car at the dealership in December/January but not taking delivery until March-ish..  has anyone on this forum actually seen the LBX close up? 

Yes I have seen it in the flesh as per my video in the above quoted post.

Not sure how tall you, but coming from an NX you are going to notice a big difference in interior space, I would say mainly in the rear, but the front is quite snug.  That is what put me off the LBX as I currently have a Prius which is a very spacious car with a big boot.  The boot on the LBX is I understand is roughly the same as the UX in volume, but it does appear to be more useable as it is much deeper than the UX.  Sitting in a UX after the LBX it feels like a much bigger car which isn't something you would normally say about a UX.

Don't get me wrong though, it is a lovely car, but not if space is your priority, but then it is a small car.  The dashboard was lovely, but it did seem odd to have the entertainment screen low down instead of up high like all other Lexus models and indeed the Yaris Cross upon which it is based. Also it was a pre-production model, so some of the trim wasn't exactly well put together, but I am sure that will be sorted in the production model.

I will be interested to see it in proper production form to see how I feel about it again, but I know it is too small for my needs, even though I rarely carry anyone in the back, I want there to be enough space to be able to carry them comfortably. 

• Like 1

thanks for the response Stephen, yes, interesting to see the video, i have been in contact with the dealership about hovering between downsizing to the UX250 F Sport but dependent on my own thoughts after seeing the LBX myself when it arrives into their stock for prospective customers to see  and test drive, etc..  i'll then confirm my order either way..  i must admit that the sizing will be of no issue for me, it's whether I like the car close up..  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ed659 said:

thanks for the response Stephen, yes, interesting to see the video, i have been in contact with the dealership about hovering between downsizing to the UX250 F Sport but dependent on my own thoughts after seeing the LBX myself when it arrives into their stock for prospective customers to see  and test drive, etc..  i'll then confirm my order either way..  i must admit that the sizing will be of no issue for me, it's whether I like the car close up..  

If size is not important then I am sure you will like the car.  It does feel very much like a Lexus, the doors shut with a nice thud and it has the e-latch handles like the new NX so it feels very up to date, especially with the new digital dashboard.

It certainly feels much more than a Yaris Cross in a posh frock which I was pleased about.  As I said above, I will be interested to see one in full production trim and build to see how it compares.

• Like 2

Having followed much the same route, NX - retirement -UX, I can say that although the UX is lovely and the driver's area does not seem much smaller, overall I wish I'd stuck with an NX. Boot space is restrictive and the rear seat drop is now a regularly used feature.

I am thinking that when we go to one car in 3 or 4 years time then the LBX may seem a logical step.

• Like 3

I am going from UX Takumi to NX 350H takumi. UX is a lovely car to drive but the boot is small even for 2 of us. So LBX is not considered. Rear of UX is embarrassing if you have a guest and 2 sitting front and 1 in the back as there is not much space at all. Looking forward to NX delivery early next year. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rodd said:

I am going from UX Takumi to NX 350H takumi. UX is a lovely car to drive but the boot is small even for 2 of us. So LBX is not considered. Rear of UX is embarrassing if you have a guest and 2 sitting front and 1 in the back as there is not much space at all. Looking forward to NX delivery early next year. 

Embarrassing 🙂  Quite obviously you bought the wrong car...maybe you'll now be embarrassed at the petrol station!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 12:27 PM, cur666 said:

Embarrassing 🙂  Quite obviously you bought the wrong car...maybe you'll now be embarrassed at the petrol station!

Why embarrassing at petrol station? lol the fuel consumption is not that much different with UX but NX tank is bigger so I shouldn’t need to go very often. With UX it only can take 40 litres and I had to fill it up frequently. 

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

Why embarrassing at petrol station? lol the fuel consumption is not that much different with UX but NX tank is bigger so I shouldn’t need to go very often. With UX it only can take 40 litres and I had to fill it up frequently. 

I've had a UX and a NX......the NX fuel consumption was really poor for a hybrid.

I got an average of just over 41mpg on my previous NX300h but now achieving over 70mpg in my NX450h+. This figure arrived at by converting the electrical recharge costs into the equivalent petrol prices. 

Viewing the LBX tomorrow. Pics certainly look interesting.

On 12/20/2023 at 5:05 PM, malcolmw said:

The NX350h is much better than the previous model. We typically got 35mpg average out of the NX300h but get about 44mpg average out of the NX350h on the same usage pattern.

Thanks for the info, good to know 👍🏻 I am also finding UX very noisy when driving on motorway and almost speakers don’t exist. Very poor speakers on UX Takumi. But when I test drived NX350h I was impressed with the sound system. 

When I test drove the NX I found it to be totally soulless and lacking any kind of personality.  The UX on the other hand has just got such a nice feel and the dashboard is much more interesting, even more so now on the 300h with the digital instruments and new shifter.

The NX is very good value though, especially with the discounts available so you get a lot of car for the money, but I would much rather have a UX over an NX.

All personal preference and needs of course 🤔

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So today I test drove the LBX Takumi Design out of the Lexus Bolton dealership..  as mentioned I’ve been an NX owner three times over but am now entering into retirement.. I was surprised with the LBX, I found it technically advanced (over my 2yr old NX), quiet to drive, handled well, responsive, comfortable.. there was a mention of a small boot space.. well I compared it side by side with a UX and found it to be bigger.. clearly not a NX space but that size boot for me is no longer needed..  so all in all impressed.. Order upgraded and delivery expected mid to end of April

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0531.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

• Like 8

Eddie, that looks lovely, I’m potentially retiring in a few months, I had a Yaris Cross as a loaner a little while back whilst waiting for my GS450h to be prepped by the dealer I was purchasing from. Obviously a very different car to the GS which I use for 300-500 mile round trips for work most weeks but for something which will be used locally only in retirement it looks great. I’m also tempted to see if the 300bhp version will come out and I know that’s pretty unnecessary for my needs but also thoughtful that life’s too short sometimes to always just do what’s most sensible!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nick W858 said:

Eddie, that looks lovely, I’m potentially retiring in a few months, I had a Yaris Cross as a loaner a little while back whilst waiting for my GS450h to be prepped by the dealer I was purchasing from. Obviously a very different car to the GS which I use for 300-500 mile round trips for work most weeks but for something which will be used locally only in retirement it looks great. I’m also tempted to see if the 300bhp version will come out and I know that’s pretty unnecessary for my needs but also thoughtful that life’s too short sometimes to always just do what’s most sensible!

Yes, the bigger LBX engine version is likely out next year..  I might even change to that in about 2 yrs

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 5:45 PM, Tickedon said:

Who/where has an LBX to view please?

Drove one yesterday.. out of Lexus Bolton who have it until Monday..  seems to be circulating the dealerships 

On 1/19/2024 at 9:05 PM, ColinBarber said:

looks much more usable compared to the UX 👍

It was Colin, it's actually quite deep into the cars rear seat backs..   I'm 5.10" in height and my driving position was okay to give reasonable passenger clearance sat behind me, but for a driver who requires more driving space by setting the driver's seat further back, then the rear of the driver's seat to passenger leg room may well be compromised, hence a deeper boot space. 

My side by side comparison with the a new UX at the dealership (the car I was going to downsize to) showed that the UX boot was, in my view, looked miniscule.

The other reason for my change of mind from my NX to UX over my NX to LBX was that having had 3 x NX's and kept them for just over 2 years each, I thing the cars are fabulous, but I think the UX being a smaller version of the NX, it was time to go for a different look, and when you see the LBX, it's a new look..   hybrid too, as opposed to all (no thanks) electric. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links