Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Mats

Boomer54

Only taken me 3 months to notice the mats in the rear of my car have a very nice blue trim to the edges. Are these original to the car ,or replacements? I ask because my front mats could do with replacing at some point and actually I think I would replace them with the same style of blue trim if they are available. Just a tip even if they don't come as standard you could quite easily have the blue trim spun onto 'plain' mats. Any local carpet shop of note will have someone they use to 'spin' the edges on stair carpets to put an edge to them. Obviously adds a little cost, but we do love our SC 430 do we not?

Floor mat.jpg

Yes, I see they are plain black. However, I could have the edges and 'LEXUS' picked out in Blue to approximate the colour the car. I think it is a nice little touch that Lexus might have done had they thought of it. Indeed I would have liked the same highlighting on the seat piping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Yes, I see they are plain black. However, I could have the edges and 'LEXUS' picked out in Blue to approximate the colour the car. I think it is a nice little touch that Lexus might have done had they thought of it. Indeed I would have liked the same highlighting on the seat piping.

On examination there are seams ,but no piping per se on any upholstery. On the plus side piping is an extrusion so always up there for contact wear.

7 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I suppose you could but I'm not really into personalising and customising. Best left as it was intended. 😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Neil E said:

I suppose you could but I'm not really into personalising and customising. Best left as it was intended. 😉

Took a moment ,but it finally sunk in !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Took a moment ,but it finally sunk in !

....Not many standard bits left in my car. I would like to have original beige mats but haven't been able to source any.  Getting some made up with some custom stitch-work is quite a nice idea.

40 minutes ago, Neil E said:

....Not many standard bits left in my car. I would like to have original beige mats but haven't been able to source any.  Getting some made up with some custom stitch-work is quite a nice idea.

The idea came to mind ,because over the years I have had a few staircase runners made up to suit my Victorian house. Hence, I know most decent carpet shops always have somebody local who 'spin' the edges to the stair carpets and basically that's also applicable to a car mat. I even thought of having the 'Lexus' overstitched in the same colour. Can't say I care for the washed out gold colour currently on the mats. Playing around with the idea and may be go for it after the leatherwork has been done in January.

Hope I get the opportunity sometime to see your car up close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

The idea came to mind ,because over the years I have had a few staircase runners made up to suit my Victorian house. Hence, I know most decent carpet shops always have somebody local who 'spin' the edges to the stair carpets and basically that's also applicable to a car mat. I even thought of having the 'Lexus' overstitched in the same colour. Can't say I care for the washed out gold colour currently on the mats. Playing around with the idea and may be go for it after the leatherwork has been done in January.

Hope I get the opportunity sometime to see your car up close.

It's a dusty project car with lots of flaws including bog standard black mats in the front and immaculate beige in the back 🙃, not that much to look at close up but it's a little bit more fun to be in than the standard SC. 🙂

I wonder if any of the rear mats have ever been worn out?

Neil, do you mind if I ask you an off topic question? I now have a 2013  rav4 diesel, everything is good but.. this has keyless entry and start, when I turn the engine off, I get a warning saying check smart entry and start system!! I have asked 2 toyota technicians who say it's to do with stop/ start system! My car does not have stop start, I decided to have it diagnosed  and fault code b2282   came up, this is something to do with  speed cable does not match bean signal  found someone who had similar turned out to be a loose pin on ecu connector block, toyota dealer took 5 days to discover  this, so was wondering whether to take it to my local garage or would an auto electrician be a better idea, many many thanks Stew

• Like 1

Hi Stew 

Assuming you haven't been on a Welsh rally stage shakedown with the Rav, it could be the speed sensor / ring or a dodgy/corroded connection. It seems the Rav 4 can suffer with corroded multi-plug connections through water ingress via drivers side 'A' pillar area. Might be worth a check to see if there are any signs. I've never touched a Rav4 but Unclebob might know.

Check your front mats for any sign of dampness - see what I did there? 😁

image.thumb.png.916e0b2886ad5c1c99ead309216393d0.png

14 hours ago, Neil E said:

Hi Stew 

Assuming you haven't been on a Welsh rally stage shakedown with the Rav, it could be the speed sensor / ring or a dodgy/corroded connection. It seems the Rav 4 can suffer with corroded multi-plug connections through water ingress via drivers side 'A' pillar area. Might be worth a check to see if there are any signs. I've never touched a Rav4 but Unclebob might know.

Check your front mats for any sign of dampness - see what I did there? 😁

image.thumb.png.916e0b2886ad5c1c99ead309216393d0.png

Thanks ever so much, I am afraid of taking it to toyota at£150+ per hour with an unidentified fault, 2 people seem to have cured this and eventually found a loose pin in one of the connectors it's not so much fixing it as identify where the fault is, I did ask on Rav4 forum but no replies

Boomer and Neil, I have found the front mats which match Boomers, rears, also I have found a pair of genuine rears black that would match Neil's fronts, if you want them send me your addresses (pm me) and I will post FOC, but might leave till after Christmas now🤔

20231203_142637.thumb.jpg.c00cb2c02e4137518274ba2e7b6baf64.jpg20231203_142627.thumb.jpg.8dad8f1c2e599ba5a4dffc273ca05206.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Stew that's very kind however I do have the full set of both black and beige. The beige driver's front mat is the only one with significant wear. Highly unlikely anyone will sit in the back of my car to wear the beige mats.🤣

On 12/3/2023 at 3:54 PM, Neil E said:

Thanks Stew that's very kind however I do have the full set of both black and beige. The beige driver's front mat is the only one with significant wear. Highly unlikely anyone will sit in the back of my car to wear the beige mats.🤣

No not unless someone gets legless over Christmas 🤐

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Localhero said:

No not unless someone gets legless over Christmas 🤐

Even that doesn't work as there's nothing to sit on. I suppose a small pet could perch on the sub box.🤣

8 hours ago, Neil E said:

Even that doesn't work as there's nothing to sit on. I suppose a small pet could perch on the sub box.🤣

Drumstick roll. You could play a festive Game as the seats  look perfectly sized to take two family sized Turkeys.

In my defence it's early in the day and I will get better with more caffeine in my system.

Get down there fast, they've just knocked £2 a bottle off it and it is selling out rapidly.

£2 ! That's enough for just over 1 minute's labour at the Toyota garage.

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links