Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX MY 2024

6 hours ago, Calba1263 said:

it's 3 months since Lexus USA's announcement, yet Lexus UK's silence remains deafening... 

they’ve arrived on some shores now and are popping up on YouTube.   I’d love a little stroll around Portbury and Burnaston.  

• 2 weeks later...

So I have to eat my words and let Lexus off the hook for not discounting 250h in readiness for the 300h’s.  Stockport have got a good selection with better than Carwow discounts (not sponsored).  I love the colour of this F Soort Takumi pack.  

IMG_0436.jpeg

Prices are all a bit eye watering these days! I used to laugh at oldsters saying "Two pounds for a pint"* and now I'm one of them. Still at least we're not matching Turkey's 65% inflation rate - yet! That will be net year under a different Government no doubt.

*Local pub has just been 'refitted' - Guinness now £6.50 a pint!

4 hours ago, Lmafudd said:

used to laugh at oldsters saying "Two pounds for a pint"* and now I'm one of them

When I was 18/19 four of us would go out on a Friday night with 10 shillings each in our pockets (50p in modern money).

Each bought a round  4 pints at 1s 8p = 6s 6p

Entry to dance                                          2s 6p

Fish and chips on way home                    1s

Total                     10s    

But we were only being paid something like £3 a week

• Like 4

My goodness, nearly £49,000 for a Takumi🤔

I think the UX is now an awful lot of money for not much car, lovely though it is. That is what I was always struggling with wanting to change from my Prius to a UX. I would be spending a lot of money to buy a car that was smaller and less practical than I already had. 

In the end I have just bought a new NX which seemed much better value and feel I have got a lot of car for the money. 

Still going to be interested to see what the Gen 2 UX will be like whenever it arrives.

• Like 1

I had a 22 NX brand new and sent it back because I didn’t think it was good value.   The seats in the new NXs are awful.  You can’t get much under the 40k threshold now so I think the Takumi is still ok.  

4 minutes ago, Don C said:

I had a 22 NX brand new and sent it back because I didn’t think it was good value.   The seats in the new NXs are awful.  You can’t get much under the 40k threshold now so I think the Takumi is still ok.  

After sitting very comfortably long and low in the Prius for many years I was concerned about seat comfort, especially as I suffer with sciatica. I am pleased to say the seats in the NX are supremely comfortable for me and having the electric adjustment means I can fine tune them perfectly. 

Why would you send a car back if you thought it was not good value, surely you would work out that kind of thing before you purchased a car, confused? 🤔

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stepppy said:

After sitting very comfortably long and low in the Prius for many years I was concerned about seat comfort, especially as I suffer with sciatica. I am pleased to say the seats in the NX are supremely comfortable for me and having the electric adjustment means I can fine tune them perfectly. 

Why would you send a car back if you thought it was not good value, surely you would work out that kind of thing before you purchased a car, confused? 🤔

It doesn’t make sense does it.  The car came minus some of the spec that was in the brochure.  They offered me a £400 voucher or I could upgrade for £4500 and a 12 month (covid) wait.  We (the dealer) couldn’t come to an agreement.   

• Sad 1

I do remember there was a time when I was first looking at the NX around the time they made some changes to specifications and the website had quite a few specification anomalies which wasn’t very helpful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stepppy said:

I do remember there was a time when I was first looking at the NX around the time they made some changes to specifications and the website had quite a few specification anomalies which wasn’t very helpful. 

Wouldn’t be the first time such things happened. 

On 4/4/2024 at 4:41 PM, stepheneric said:

Each bought a round  4 pints at 1s 8p = 6s 6p

1s 8p a pint - We could go to the railwaymens club or the local and get a pint of bitter for 1s 6p. Mild was 1s 4p. We could get 7 pints from our 10s a week pocket money. That's a give away - I was only 15 at the time!

I don't even know how much a pint is in a local pub nowadays; a) Can't afford it, b) Don't want to go, c) People don't drink and drive nowadays, d) The locals are full of deadlegs/scruffs/chavs/idiots/nutters/ loud people with no manners.... need I go on or I am being too judgmental?  Answers on a postcard please to Preston mental hospital, old persons ward grumpy old git section, under Matron Whipmore's command.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 3:53 AM, stepppy said:

My goodness, nearly £49,000 for a Takumi🤔

£49K ?  Not worth it. £29K sounds more like reasonable value for money to me. Or maybe it's because I am skint?

BTW Anybody else see their pensions go down this month? 

24 minutes ago, GMB said:

£49K ?  Not worth it. £29K sounds more like reasonable value for money to me. Or maybe it's because I am skint?

BTW Anybody else see their pensions go down this month? 

Yes, I think you want the Corsa forum.   

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Don C said:

Yes, I think you want the Corsa forum.

I was thinking more 1959 Morris Minor🤩

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New review of the 300h, not Thomas presenting as usual, so not as thorough, but I think AJ does a pretty good job.  

Interesting to know they have added additional sound proofing.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links