Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Plans What's Your Understanding on Discounts

Not sure if my local dealer is being selective regarding discounts that a service plan entitles you to.

Bought the car in Stoke and took out a service plan which allows me to have it serviced anywhere in the UK.  All new Lexus plans are Administered by EMAC at a National level and my plan clearly states in the covering letter that 10% discount on accessories and mechanical repairs is available.   It's been suggested that if I didn't take out the plan by the dealer where I want to purchase some accessories then the discount doesn't apply.     Parts I want are winter rubber mats, boot liner, new locking wheel nuts, touch up stick and a cargo net all of which are accessories. 

Anyone confirm this before I take it further.  

No listing for mats, boot liner, cargo net so will need to go via a dealer.   Don't want to have to travel 150 miles back to the dealer who sold me the plan who will give the discount. 

Hi Jon, yes they are the dealer who is challenging the discount.  I will challenge them in turn and use the EMAC national agreement when new service plans are taken out.  

18 hours ago, SH20 said:

No listing for mats, boot liner, cargo net so will need to go via a dealer.   Don't want to have to travel 150 miles back to the dealer who sold me the plan who will give the discount. 

If what you want isn't listed on the web site you can do a parts enquiry for what you want and LPD will reply back with a quote. If your happy with it proceed with it and how to pay instructions will be sent to you.

Did a parts enquiry with LPD  and thought giving them my reg number would be sufficient for them to identify it.  They did identify a car which was my previous ES and proceeded to quote for the accessories I asked for.   Only because the touch up stick said red mica did I twig which car they pulled through on their search criteria, my previous red Lexus ES300h on my private plate.   

Start over I thought so replied to their e mail and quoted the chassis number of the LS. I'll see what response that gets. 

LPD came through again only this time using my correct vehicle chassis number.   Full 10% discount applied  apart from new locking wheel nuts at 8% discount for some reason.  

E.G   Lexus Hull cost for a touch up stick £15.00 incl vat no discount whatsoever   and LPD  £7.75  incl vat full 10%  discount  so going forward looks like LPD  will be supplying anything that I need/want.  

I'm also going back to Stoke for servicing and have a day out at Tatton Park while it's being serviced next year.   See no reason why I should support a dealer local to me when they don't seem interested in developing a relationship with me or my car.  Their loss I think in terms of service/MOT income.

LPD say 3 day turn round for orders which seems fair.     LPD are Fish Bros of Swindon a multi franchise operation incl Lexus.  

• Like 1

EMAC confirmed that while all new Lexus service plans are underwritten by them it is solely the dealer's discretion if they choose to allow the service plan holder any discounts for accessories or mechanical repairs.   So going forward I will be asking Lexus Parts Direct to supply any items I want rather than Lexus Hull.    Hull did say they that there was no national agreement with EMAC to allow discounts at dealer level even if someone takes out a service plan with Hull.       I feel even more compelled now to return to Lexus Stoke for servicing.    

The Lexus Parts Direct came through once more with a very quick delivery on a boot liner, new locking wheel nuts and a touch up stick.   A very efficient process and all with 10% discount.    The parts are clearly genuine Lexus items although the boot liner is no where near the quality of the current ES300 boot liner I gave away to a forum member.    But the LS liner fits very accurately. 

In view of my local dealer (Hull) not giving any discount on any accessory type parts, despite having a service plan issued by Lexus Stoke, I will use LPD from now on and return to Stoke for servicing.    I don't see why I should favour a dealer who can't accommodate a reasonable request for a parts discount and who would prefer to see a customer shop elsewhere.    

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links