Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS 200T - Battery Charging Sign

Hi, 

I own a 2015 Lexus IS 200T and it's more a weekend car. I haven't driven it much lately. I went on a motorway journey today for approx 2 hours and when the car was standing still a display on the dash would come with a diagonal line through the letter A and underneath it says Battery Charging. Does this mean my Battery is about to go flat or it's indicating its low and is charging. I'm concerned as I have long journey tomorrow and I can't get a replacement Battery until next week. If anyone can assist that would be most appreciated? Thank you. 

At a guess from similar experience with a Jazz. The auto stop start was disabled due to a low 12 v Battery charge. Why it was not fully charged after a long run I don’t know. Perhaps it was cold, but if it is the original Battery and 9 years old, perhaps it’s time for a new one. 
Stick some jump leads in the car for peace of mind on your long journey. 

2 hours ago, BalKang34 said:

Hi, 

I own a 2015 Lexus IS 200T and it's more a weekend car. I haven't driven it much lately. I went on a motorway journey today for approx 2 hours and when the car was standing still a display on the dash would come with a diagonal line through the letter A and underneath it says Battery Charging. Does this mean my Battery is about to go flat or it's indicating its low and is charging. I'm concerned as I have long journey tomorrow and I can't get a replacement battery until next week. If anyone can assist that would be most appreciated? Thank you. 

Thanks for the reply, the car has only done 34,000 miles and I haven't driven it properly in about a month so it could be a low charge, I did turn of the heat, auto headlights and no music, I also prefer to turn the Stop Start off anyway and when I stopped my journey for today and let the car idle the Battery charge sign didn't come back on. So hopefully I can't complete my journey and get it checked properly in the next service which is due very shortly 

10 minutes ago, Boeryeoes said:

Based on your post, i assume you have no manual you can check?

Charging warning description in manual highlights various causes ... which is the likely cause in your case?

IMG_3944.jpeg

Thank you for the reply, the car has only done 34,000 miles and I haven't driven it properly in about a month so it could be a low charge, I did turn of the heat, auto headlights and no music, I also prefer to turn the Stop Start off anyway and when I stopped my journey for today and let the car idle the Battery charge sign didn't come back on. So hopefully I can't complete my journey and get it checked properly in the next service which is due very shortly 

Hi, I have the same car. The symbol you describe means the engine stop/start function has been temporarily deactivated due to insufficient Battery charge. Once the Battery is fully charged the normal stop/start function will resume. I had this after leaving the car for approx. 3 weeks while I was on holiday. After around 200 miles or so the system returned to normal function, presumably it figured out the Battery was no sufficiently charged.

Hope that helps

7 hours ago, SCB said:

Hi, I have the same car. The symbol you describe means the engine stop/start function has been temporarily deactivated due to insufficient battery charge. Once the battery is fully charged the normal stop/start function will resume. I had this after leaving the car for approx. 3 weeks while I was on holiday. After around 200 miles or so the system returned to normal function, presumably it figured out the battery was no sufficiently charged.

Hope that helps

Hi, thanks for the reply, that's exactly what happened and it's back to normal now. So all great now, the car has only done 34000 I think I need to drive it just a little bit more 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links