Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

Figures to make mine a perfect car, for comparison. 2008 year ( Cambelt and water pump done in 2022)

Purchase £8750....Lexus service done days before by previous owner

Paint Job....scuffs, wheel refurb, any other scratches  £1000

New shocks all round and brake pads £1000

Stainless exhaust to factory spec £1500

Dinitrol underside treatment £250

Total I may end up spending: £12500

36 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Tyres are less than optimal 

On the report exactly what does the overview "fail" and "significant issues refer to, do we know?

Yes, the finance will just be asset financing. However, you would still wish to know the the finance company lost any claim upon purchase.

That report system is completely new to me. Great stuff, thanks.

11 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Figures to make mine a perfect car, for comparison. 2008 year ( Cambelt and water pump done in 2022)

Purchase £8750....Lexus service done days before by previous owner

Paint Job....scuffs, wheel refurb, any other scratches  £1000

New shocks all round and brake pads £1000

Stainless exhaust to factory spec £1500

Dinitrol underside treatment £250

Total I may end up spending: £12500

That's why I was happy to pay Stew 10k for his, because all of those things had already been done, plus a respray. My contribution will be circa £700 to take the leather back to factory finish level. That however is my choice not a necessity. In addition, in the spring it will be comprehensively undersealed ,but as it stands I am likely to take this on myself. Hence, why I want the second ride, because it will take me quite awhile and it won't be going anywhere whilst it is being done. Wheels off, the lot.

6 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

But. Kalahari Sand. Would you?

Actually the colour combo drew my attention. Just so clean and unusual. Have to say though it looks overpriced especially compared to ours.

Have read that undersealing older cars can sometimes seal in the damp/rot etc.

Are you lads keen advocates of getting that done anyway?

8 minutes ago, finchy40 said:

Have read that undersealing older cars can sometimes seal in the damp/rot etc.

Are you lads keen advocates of getting that done anyway?

True, but that's why you do it in the warm seasons when it will not be damp. As to rot you mean rust and you remove as much of that as is practical before you seal it to prevent rusting. If you want a car already 17 years plus then personally it is something I would do to try to maintain its longevity especially if you envisage keeping the car medium to long term. Really never interested in letting a car get to the point the welder spends more time with it than you do.

• Haha 1

I have no idea why I referred to warm seasons and no damp. God I live in the NW where we are born with webbed feet.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

But. Kalahari Sand. Would you?

I’d rather KALAHARI SAND than Silver….rare to see another for sure 👍🏻

• Like 1

Theirin lies the issue. Starting at a premium price then having possibly a few such expenditures to make to get it where you want it to be. Let's face it that makes a lot more sense at your 8750 than it does at nigh on 12500.

Moreover most of this done on the basis of mileage. However, who gives a damn if the V8 has 50 k rather than 70k on it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Or 107.

Well, quick calc called for here. My 71k to your 107k is 36k at about 3k pa so 12 years of driving 'till I get there. I am fairly certain I will be driving a harp and halo before that happens. Nay make that set of wings !

1 hour ago, finchy40 said:

Based on those calculations I reckon I could buy one with 250k miles on and it would see me out!!!! 😂

V8 are apparently renowned for doing that number and much more so it makes it doubly worthwhile to do what you can to preserve it structurally.

Well the 57plate brown ‘Conker’ 136k SC430 it no longer listed on Auto Trader, so someone has worked on that logic it’s worth a punt at £6995.00 👍🏻👍🏻

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links