Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

In my Ls400s they’re 85.1 ltrs tanks and when the orange light pops up there’s often 100 miles reserve ……… lasts a day or two 😄

Malc 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Refuel light just came on at 375 miles. How much is left in tank? Gallon?

The trip computer gives miles left….but it’s only a guide try not put it to the test 😮

• Like 1

Looks an admirable adventure 👍

Might you get to Salamanca …….. it’s a wondrous city …….  Wellington thought so too …… and me 

Malc 

I’ve been telling Mrs Finchy about your adventure. Trying to convince her that we could do that.

She’s comparing ages of SC’s and because ours is older with slightly more miles, she thinks we’ll break down. 
I don’t think I’m going to win this one but I can live it through you guys. 
Have a great time. 😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Will miss Salamanca. Both my stays on the way down and back are either side.

Screenshot_20240405-084756.jpeg

Have you actually booked ahead then ?

I never do that, always just let the feel of the road take me .......... but somewhere in the right'ish sort of direction ....  generally 😉

Salamanca City centre is a real wonder to behold and it should be seen if you could squeeze the city centre, a stroll around,  into an itinerary 

Enjoy whatever

Malc

All pre booked.

I think I have found the source of my boot leak. The rubber seal is bonded to the car...some has come unstuck at base of rear screen. Wedged with a bit of cork....survived last nights rain.

IMG_20240405_105419.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Maybe I need this?

Screenshot_20240405-112859.jpeg

I’ve put some RTV sealer along that lower screen rubber seal, outside and inside. Inside is best done with roof half down.

looked at the options..far too much work replacement the original seal.

47 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Mine has 108,000 miles. Any car could break down. Look at all the Audis and Mercs on the hard shoulders.

You are of course, spot on. However, Mrs F isn’t then philosophical type. 🤭

4 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Will miss Salamanca. Both my stays on the way down and back are either side.

Screenshot_20240405-084756.jpeg

Probably just as well. In book 15 Sharpes Sword Wellingtons rifles left enduring memories.:smartass:

Although in truth they were liberators from the French under Marmont.

• Like 1

I never pre book any accommodation apart from maybe my first night …… on my 4/5 week adventures ……. never want to be tied down to having to be somewhere and missing out on adventures afar 🤣

Malc 

MPG sounds fine for a 4.3ltr V8  👍

Me…. Mostly B&Bs, tiny hotels that sort of thing ……. often started looking about 4pm or so for that night …… and that evening spent chilling, relaxing in the,  or a bar …….. never failed to find somewhere ok for that night …… rarely “ do “ posh hotels anywhere ……. over priced …… and food etc always ok in local hostelries, cafes, eateries whatever ……. breakfasts too of course ……. and lunch on the hoof …….. sometimes courtesy of the local Aldi too 😂

Malc 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links