Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

Lovely! Properly cellared and a decent cork will do wonders.  I had the pleasure of sharing an 1898 Brunello di Montalcino many years ago with the vineyard owners and although the cork was like putty and it was brick red colour It was fantastic. Within 30 minutes it had faded to almost nothing but woody dullness. I will never forget that complex flavour.  It's nice when things work out OK.

4 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Back to cheap **** tomorrow.

I can't afford the really nice quality wines that I used to drink. Two reasons: The price of fine wines has gone crazy and secondly the buying power of my pension has gone down year on year despite our lovely gov't telling us how good they are to us. ( Think inflation and frozen tax allowance )

So, it's back to Aldi for some Assyrtiko or Primitivo for now.

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

I used to get free wine all the time when I worked at Oddbins. Sorry Mr Auditor.

Those were the days! I used to get free wine too. I had to sample the offerings sent by producers in the hope that we would buy them and stock them. 9 out of 10 bottles went straight down the sink. But the odd good wine went down well with dinner.🤪.

The income tax tried unsuccessfully to "get" me for taxable advantages but failed in their endeavour. It was agreed in court that it was all tax free because it was a job function!😁

I am noticing a little rubbing sound as I go thru little echo chamber pueblos. Maybe rear brake pads touching discs. Front discs and pads just been done so suspect rears.

Some of these Spanish provincial supermarkets are amazing.

IMG_20240419_135533.jpg

44 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I am noticing a little rubbing sound as I go thru little echo chamber pueblos. Maybe rear brake pads touching discs. Front discs and pads just been done so suspect rears.

Some of these Spanish provincial supermarkets are amazing.

IMG_20240419_135533.jpg

Brake backplate can rub on the inside of the disc, probably needs a little grind off on the back plate lip.

IMG_6600.jpeg

11 hours ago, Bob King said:

I am noticing a little rubbing sound

Build up of dust or grit from those dry Spanish roads?

Yes it certainly is Franco.image.thumb.png.fbf1c61d5cc9cead6c59c2b3ef3549db.png

I should imagine that bottle would cause a lot of upset in some places🤐

Met a German Princess whose husband was in the Luftwaffe Condor division in the Civil War. Guess thats where they got their love for Spain....heaps of money helps when you live in fashionable Marbella. (He was 32 years older than her!)

Actually visited the town. Not a lot to see, all rebuilt. Could not find a parking spot anywhere!

Jesse Richards - The Art World: Picasso's Guernica, The Masterpiece of ...

£37 per night for a French farmhouse???, i watched 4in a bed recently god knows why😗 one was glamping in a posh shed the double bed touched 3 of the walls, make your own breakfast on a gaz stove, however there was a hot tub, £196 per night 🌙 the world's gone mad 😠 Stew

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Localhero said:

£37 per night for a French farmhouse???, i watched 4in a bed recently god knows why😗 one was glamping in a posh shed the double bed touched 3 of the walls, make your own breakfast on a gaz stove, however there was a hot tub, £196 per night 🌙 the world's gone mad 😠 Stew

I think the solution is the same as it always has been - Vote with your feet - Works for me!🫡

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Always put a cap of £60 a night max, averaged out

The last time we toured Spain ( 2 yrs ago at about this time of year ) we had an arbitrary 100€ per night budget. We got 4* hotels, sea views, breakfast sometimes and large double rooms/ suites usually well under our budget. Having checked recently that is still realistic nowadays out of high season especially away from the beaches and city centres.  It's a shame what has happened to holiday/ some hotel prices in the UK, we rarely do any UK trips anymore. Spain still represents good value for money IMHO.☺️.

PS Night out in a very good restaurant with excellent food  aperos and quality wine usually came in at about 50/70€.

But if you are really looking for value for money try Andorra, it's a bit of a beggar to get to especially from the French side but the scenery is beautiful

The mansion we are staying at, the owner lives on the middle floor, we have the top. Lower floor she just does not use...we have to use it to access the pool.

Done out in a Moroccan stylee.

IMG_20240423_155332.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Life here.

Life here

Wake

Clear neighbours cat poo off back garden

Watch tele news

Go to Aldi

Keep an eye on dogs ( with owners standing by as if nothing is wrong! )using our front garden as a toilet

Evening - Glass of german beer

Nice home cooked dinner with a good wine

Watch Tele

Go to bed

Get up for a pee

Back to bed

Get up for breakfast and pills

Start all over again wondering if it will ever stop raining

But hey, I'm an optimist I wonder what the miserable folk do every day

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links