Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scratched that itch

mickw322

Managed to scratch that itch. I previously posted for opinions on a Purple model but pulled the plug on that one.

So instead I got this one (hopefully managed to upload a pic or 2)

Just given it a good clean after driving it back to France, it appears to be a good solid example with 16 service stamps ( 13 Lexus main dealer + 3 independents). A couple of things need attention:-

Brake judder – I've got new ABS sensors and it's in the garage on Thursday to have the brakes cleaned and inspected, it had new discs and pads 2½ years ago but if they have uneven pad wear or disc warp then they'll get replaced. Wheels to be balanced.

Door mirror passenger side works a bit but not fully, won't retract fully or tilt when reversing and only moves in/out not up and down. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Everything else works fine, a real comfy quiet cruiser, 6 speed auto is smooth as butter and picks it feet up nicely in sports mode.

IMG_20240114_134709_874.jpg

IMG_20240114_135445_406.jpg

• Like 3

My wing mirrors are fully operational and even sing Carly Simon "You're so vain".

Well done Michael, she looks lovely and you must be a very happy lad.

12 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Even happier to be in France rather than Lancashire.

I can say that as I was born there!

Funny thing is when I retired I started seriously looking at places in France for our retirement. Had medical issues not raised their ugly head the likelihood is we would have been living their ourselves. Admit to a certain amount of geolocation envy on my part. I note the French apparently are going to relax the post brexit rules on stay duration as well..😪

France is a lovely country with a great culture and patrimony and even the locals were very nice. The main reason we came back to the UK after 20 yrs was the increasingly agressive tax people many of whom had no idea how the tax system actually worked especially with foreigners . Only had the biggest problem when I retired and the French authorities insisted on looking after my health care - which meant paying heavy social charges on top of all the other taxes. Also filling in two countries' tax returns and having to argue the toss every year which took months. I just got sick of the aggro.  Now we are back in the UK on PAYE and no tax returns... BTW I still get tax letters from France even after having left in 2019.

Just an afterthought - getting any decent work done at reasonable prices was virtually impossible - most people end up doing it themselves.

Just had the CT (MOT) done this morning, passed with flying colours and doesn't need doing again for 2 years. Sorted out the French Insurance, paid the import taxes, got the CT now just the grey card to do and get the French number plates.

Agree that France is a lovely country its just the French that's a problem, as mentioned getting anything done for a reasonable price is nigh on impossible and the paperwork is relentless.

I left the UK in 2004 and only go back to visit family (and pick up cars, buy cheddar cheese and HP sauce, it's a Lancashire thing), currently residing in Brittany.

• Like 3

Congratulations on your purchase and what a great road test back to France to check for problems 👍🏻

bet it was an effortless drive 😎

…and what a superb choice in colour…Windsor Blue ! 😉

17 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Congratulations on your purchase and what a great road test back to France to check for problems 👍🏻

bet it was an effortless drive 😎

…and what a superb choice in colour…Windsor Blue ! 😉

Thanks. The drive back for me and the car was relaxing, but the weather was terrible and my wife and daughter were following in the RX400h (she's not comfortable driving on UK's busy roads for long distances) so they were both slightly traumatised by the journey but me and the SC got on great 😃

The colour is Mica Grey metallic which was a new colour introduced in 2006.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mickw322 said:

Thanks. The drive back for me and the car was relaxing, but the weather was terrible and my wife and daughter were following in the RX400h (she's not comfortable driving on UK's busy roads for long distances) so they were both slightly traumatised by the journey but me and the SC got on great 😃

Mica Grey……teach me to look at photo’s without my glasses on ! 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mickw322 said:

I live in Kent but my SC does most of it's miles, by far, on French roads. Two weeks in Dordogne this August / September. You live in a great country and well done for getting an SC in the best colour as well. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links