Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Car - Car of the Year 2024

I see the LBX has just won the Car of the Year accolade by What Car. That's quite a boost. Described as first car in its class to combine hybrid efficiency with big car luxury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Ken R said:

I see the LBX has just won the Car of the Year accolade by What Car. That's quite a boost. Described as first car in its class to combine hybrid efficiency with big car luxury.

Yes, very positive review from Doug

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ken R said:

Just Watched the Video ken VERY Impressed..Could this be my Next Lexus  ..Only Downside Boot is a bit on the small Side..But Lovely sleek Little car...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Just Watched the Video ken VERY Impressed..Could this be my Next Lexus  ..Only Downside Boot is a bit on the small Side..But Lovely sleek Little car...

Yes Ronnie. I went to view it last month and was very impressed - its a great looking car and the interior was top quality. Like you it's the boot size that is the stumbling black for me albeit it appeared bigger than I imagined. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I’m there, looks great and would suit me very nicely…as long as it doesn’t have CANBUS theft vulnerability. One assumes like the new NX and RX it doesn’t, but does anybody know for certain?

11 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I’m there, looks great and would suit me very nicely…as long as it doesn’t have CANBUS theft vulnerability. One assumes like the new NX and RX it doesn’t, but does anybody know for certain?

Bit Of A Grey Area at the Moment Ed But lets get Real Every car is Vulnerable to being Taken And i Realize that lexus cars are an Attractive Car To Steal... But You Must look at the Bigger Picture and Put the Risk in Perspective..Lots of Cars are a Prime Target for thieves.. Sadly its the world We live in and Relative to Socio- Economic Problems etc..Hopefully Lexus will take Note of the Endemic Problem and limit the Risk of theft... Resolution Will Inevitably Come I,m Sure !!!! So Don,t let That put you off What is An AMAZING car... My Opinion Only Of Course..!!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Bit Of A Grey Area at the Moment Ed But lets get Real Every car is Vulnerable to being Taken And i Realize that lexus cars are an Attractive Car To Steal... But You Must look at the Bigger Picture and Put the Risk in Perspective..Lots of Cars are a Prime Target for thieves.. Sadly its the world We live in and Relative to Socio- Economic Problems etc..Hopefully Lexus will take Note of the Endemic Problem and limit the Risk of theft... Resolution Will Inevitably Come I,m Sure !!!! So Don,t let That put you off What is An AMAZING car... My Opinion Only Of Course..!!!!

The trouble is that the Lexus CANBUS vulnerability is worse than other manufacturers (apart from JLR). I won’t commit to another Lexus without knowing it isn’t as vulnerable as my current RX - and I think the LBX ought to be ok as the new RX and NX are fixed, but want the assurance…

• Like 1

15 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

The trouble is that the Lexus CANBUS vulnerability is worse than other manufacturers (apart from JLR). I won’t commit to another Lexus without knowing it isn’t as vulnerable as my current RX - and I think the LBX ought to be ok as the new RX and NX are fixed, but want the assurance…

Generally speaking, if a Lexus car is compatible with Openpilot (a self driving system), it has a vulnerable canbus. The new Yaris and Yaris Cross are not listed as compatible (just like the new NX and RX), and that’s the platform the LBX is built on. I’m not sure Lexus will ever officially confirm which cars are or aren’t vulnerable- so I think that’s the best we’re going to get. As Ronnie said, lots of ways and reasons a car gets stolen these days, vulnerable canbus or not. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links