Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking outside the box

GMB

The mind boggles but I hope you had a good time😉.

I had a bottle of 1961 Ch Latour in Harveys restaurant in Bristol, years ago. They never decanted it ( believe it or not ) so it had to stand to settle. The wine waiter ( Sommelier no less ) kept picking the bottle up to top up my glass. This upset the sediment. After 3 or 4 times I actually had to tell him to beggar off in a very annoyed tone. At the end of the meal they asked me what I thought of it and I told them about the misguided sommelier - they just shrugged their shoulders.    They really did not get it at all. I thought they should have known better.  I presume they are much more professional nowadays, if they still exist.

For me it's Ch Lafite for fine Claret  TBH, but the finest wines come from Burgundy   ( and some of the worst too ).

Right, back to sleep everyone....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Here's photo of Stephen on a road test for his next Lexus purchase. How he got to Australia I don't know.

Penfolds on X: "Penfolds Bottle Car, a working delivery vehicle used in  Sydney, Australia during the 1940s. #ThowbackThursday  http://t.co/mmcP5PNuGj" / X

All I will say in utter secrecy is Dr Strange has nothing on me. Over to you Ernie for the punchline.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

It was in 1986 I believe. Belsize Park. Party of a girl called Pussy. Really.

But I cannot recall the vintage!

The wine, or the women (oh thats a wristslap on the way).

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Rosemount Wines

A  quality company!  they make some commercial stuff as well but they certainly know their stuff. I used to import/wholesale/distribute their wines when they first came to the UK along with Torres and a few other pioneers who are now almost household names.

Better than the original Kanga Rouge and Wallaby White imports - and I am not kidding!

Speaking of "fun"   --    Just to put a damper on things--read this- it will probably arrive in the UK too along with compulsory black boxes. The end of enjoying motoring:

All new cars in France are to be built with Intelligent Speed Adaptation (ISA) as standard from July 1, 2022, under a new law voted in by the European Parliament.

ISA (AIV in French) uses artificial intelligence to identify the speed limit on the road the car is travelling on using cameras which can read speed signs. This data is then cross-referenced with GPS systems in the car that can identify its precise location.

If the driver goes over the limit, the car will give a visual and audio alert and the car will automatically start to slow down. 

If this happens, adding pressure to the accelerator will become more difficult as the pedal will vibrate when the driver tries to do so.

However, it will still be possible to accelerate, and drivers will also have the option of deactivating the ISA system.

42 minutes ago, GMB said:

Speaking of "fun"   --    Just to put a damper on things--read this- it will probably arrive in the UK too along with compulsory black boxes. The end of enjoying motoring:

All new cars in France are to be built with Intelligent Speed Adaptation (ISA) as standard from July 1, 2022, under a new law voted in by the European Parliament.

ISA (AIV in French) uses artificial intelligence to identify the speed limit on the road the car is travelling on using cameras which can read speed signs. This data is then cross-referenced with GPS systems in the car that can identify its precise location.

If the driver goes over the limit, the car will give a visual and audio alert and the car will automatically start to slow down. 

If this happens, adding pressure to the accelerator will become more difficult as the pedal will vibrate when the driver tries to do so.

However, it will still be possible to accelerate, and drivers will also have the option of deactivating the ISA system.

must be time to buy an older Lexus V8 to continue to enjoy the freedom of motoring as it should be enjoyed.............

anyone got a spare old serviceable Ls400 for sale 🤣  ...........  a good case of merlot in the boot for those inevitable picnic stops too

Malc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GMB said:

So big brother has truly arrived. perhaps they would also like to tell us when to crap and how much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

So big brother has truly arrived. perhaps they would also like to tell us when to crap and how much.

Well at least big brother can deactivated.

As for crapping, you'll be able to crap as much as you like, you'll  just be charged by the pound.  It'll fall under emissions charging 🙂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

You can only crap 90 days out of 180 though.

this is the Rule of EU Law then ?  for UK citizens in EU parts  😉

Malc

55 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

this is the Rule of EU Law then ?  for UK citizens in EU parts  😉

Malc

It is Malcolm.

In the belief that Brexit would remove the ability for Europe to crap on us, it also restricted our ability to crap all over Europe for as many uninterrupted days as we liked.

You're now limited to 90 days at a time to crouch over those wonderful French holes in the ground, or examine your output on those thoughtful German shelves.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

It is Malcolm.

In the belief that Brexit would remove the ability for Europe to crap on us, it also restricted our ability to crap all over Europe for as many uninterrupted days as we liked.

You're now limited to 90 days at a time to crouch over those wonderful French holes in the ground, or examine your output on those thoughtful German shelves.

Does a uk passport holder need a visa then for longer than 90 days into the eu ? 

How do property owners deal with this restriction ?

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links