Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking outside the box

GMB

Wow what a great idea from BYD. Pull back to reverse, turn forward to go. Simples.

byd switch

That's confusing...

Do I press down on that rocker switch to get reverse and up to get drive? Or vice-versa?

Would I press the switch 'in' towards the dashboard for neutral?! 

you are too used to complex controls. It's simple, Neutral is N in the middle turn forward to go forward turn back to reverse.

Apparently there is a separate "park" button and possibly an auto parking brake. All we need now is a big red "TURBO Nutter" button for our go faster friends

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GMB said:

Wow what a great idea from BYD. Pull back to reverse, turn forward to go. Simples.

byd switch

That's a letdown I thought D was for drink dispenser. Mines a Carmenere, cheers.

• Haha 1

I know you are joking but the wine is always between 12.5 and 13.5% by law. If it falls below that level it must be sold off as Rosso di Montalcino or even less as Vino de Tavola.

Now stay awake!....As president of the boring mens club I must tell you something really boring:

Italian law only covers the Italian label of origin. The lower label put on by the shipper is not regulated and only covers the minimum alcohol level for UK duty and tax purposes. So 11% is a minimum bracket to define the tax rate only. The next tax band is 13%. Thus the producer got it right at 12.8% which is a perfect strength.

So now you know..   BTW did I ever tell you about the time I managed to grab a glass of 1978 Le Montrachet - Romanee Conti............ Yawn.🥱

Here's a couple of quotes:

WINERY: 
BIONDI-SANTI
VINTAGE: 
REGION: 
TUSCANY, ITALY
CASK AGEING: 
3 YEARS / SLAVONIAN OAK
BOTTLED STRENGTH: 
12.8%
BOTTLE SIZE: 
72CL
PRODUCT DETAILS

Biondi-Santi 1955 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva

Brunello di Montalcino is one of the great under-appreciated wines of Italy.  100% Sangiovese which undergoes an extended period of pre-fermentation maceration to extract maximum colour, flavour and tannins which affords the wine its ability to mature for long periods.  Brunello di Montalcino must be aged in oak for a minimum of 2 years, though traditionally winemakers - such as Biondi-Santi here - would age their Brunello in Slavonian oak for at least 3 years before release.

This bottle is in good condition: light cosmetic damage to label/seal; cork/closure secure, no leakage.

Following the war, production slowly recovered. In 1966, Brunello became one of the first registered DOCs in Italy, and the following year 13 producers were back in business, producing 150,000 bottles that year. in 1969, a state dinner held by the Italian Embassy in London put Brunello front and center on the world-wide stage. Biondi Santi’s 1955 Brunello was served, and was a sensation. The notoriety brought along a nice increase in price for the wine, and an investment in the expensive cellars needed to house a wine that requires 4 years of aging in wood didn’t seem so ludicrous. The early 70s saw a huge increase in the number of acres planted for Brunello.

Wine Spectator has given it countless kudos, and it’s probably worth citing some of these awards. In 2006 it was ranked as the best wine in the world, and first place in the Top 100 went to a 2001 bottle (the label: Tenuta Nuova, Casanova di Neri). In 2011 it was the turn of a different label, a 2006 vintage, which ranked fourth in the world and first among Italian wines. And, again according to Wine Spectator, the only Italian wine included in the list of the 12 most memorable wines of the 20th century is a 1955 Riserva Biondi Santi.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GMB said:

I know you are joking but the wine is always between 12.5 and 13.5% by law. If it falls below that level it must be sold off as Rosso di Montalcino or even less as Vino de Tavola.

Now stay awake!....As president of the boring mens club I must tell you something really boring:

Italian law only covers the Italian label of origin. The lower label put on by the shipper is not regulated and only covers the minimum alcohol level for UK duty and tax purposes. So 11% is a minimum bracket to define the tax rate only. The next tax band is 13%. Thus the producer got it right at 12.8% which is a perfect strength.

So now you know..   BTW did I ever tell you about the time I managed to grab a glass of 1978 Le Montrachet - Romanee Conti............ Yawn.🥱

Here's a couple of quotes:

WINERY: 
BIONDI-SANTI
VINTAGE: 
REGION: 
TUSCANY, ITALY
CASK AGEING: 
3 YEARS / SLAVONIAN OAK
BOTTLED STRENGTH: 
12.8%
BOTTLE SIZE: 
72CL
PRODUCT DETAILS

Biondi-Santi 1955 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva

Brunello di Montalcino is one of the great under-appreciated wines of Italy.  100% Sangiovese which undergoes an extended period of pre-fermentation maceration to extract maximum colour, flavour and tannins which affords the wine its ability to mature for long periods.  Brunello di Montalcino must be aged in oak for a minimum of 2 years, though traditionally winemakers - such as Biondi-Santi here - would age their Brunello in Slavonian oak for at least 3 years before release.

This bottle is in good condition: light cosmetic damage to label/seal; cork/closure secure, no leakage.

Following the war, production slowly recovered. In 1966, Brunello became one of the first registered DOCs in Italy, and the following year 13 producers were back in business, producing 150,000 bottles that year. in 1969, a state dinner held by the Italian Embassy in London put Brunello front and center on the world-wide stage. Biondi Santi’s 1955 Brunello was served, and was a sensation. The notoriety brought along a nice increase in price for the wine, and an investment in the expensive cellars needed to house a wine that requires 4 years of aging in wood didn’t seem so ludicrous. The early 70s saw a huge increase in the number of acres planted for Brunello.

Wine Spectator has given it countless kudos, and it’s probably worth citing some of these awards. In 2006 it was ranked as the best wine in the world, and first place in the Top 100 went to a 2001 bottle (the label: Tenuta Nuova, Casanova di Neri). In 2011 it was the turn of a different label, a 2006 vintage, which ranked fourth in the world and first among Italian wines. And, again according to Wine Spectator, the only Italian wine included in the list of the 12 most memorable wines of the 20th century is a 1955 Riserva Biondi Santi.

Is it bed time yet ?

3 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

s it bed time yet ?

Only after you have taken your medication - and I don't mean a nice 1961:wine: Barolo either!

14 minutes ago, GMB said:

The next tax band is 13%

Wake up - a correction  the next tax band is 14 - 17%. If you look closely at the shippers' label it actually shows 11-14% tax bracket.

4 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I just love how the intial post can turn into a discussion on wine,  I do love the Lexus forum it's like no other I am on

My mistake. I see the thread is titled "Thinking outside the box" and without my glasses I thought it read "Drinking outside the box", and I'm all for that.

Here's an oddball, but excellent choice if you can find it, or ever go to Santorini - about £40 a bottle!!!!

Who'da thought Greek wine could be so good.

Assyrtiko Estate Argyros, 75cl

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

My mistake. I see the thread is titled "Thinking outside the box" and without my glasses I thought it read "Drinking outside the box", and I'm all for that.

We don't like bag in a box wines because they can lead to sick in a bag events.  Said in my best posh accent.

Here's photo of Stephen on a road test for his next Lexus purchase. How he got to Australia I don't know.

Penfolds on X: "Penfolds Bottle Car, a working delivery vehicle used in  Sydney, Australia during the 1940s. #ThowbackThursday  http://t.co/mmcP5PNuGj" / X

• Like 1

Hope he bought his air ticket from me then ……… I’d have sent him via 🤔😂…… Chitty Chitty B B comes to mind 🥳

Malc 

a pint of Draught(t) old Ale would be nice right now ….. rather than a smallish glass of some vino or t’other ! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GMB said:

Here's photo of Stephen on a road test for his next Lexus purchase. How he got to Australia I don't know

And here's me having a whale of a time on my hols.....   Actually he is a lovely friendly chap - it's not really me😚

image.thumb.jpeg.518408f17d1d0c2d9b683f0dc785c325.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mossypossy said:

I once had Latour out of a white plastic cup...

OMG!   What year was it?   No! not the plastic cup- Doh!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links