Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC F settings help

Hi all,

Have just bought my first Lexus, a 2015 RC f, it's an incredible car and everything I hoped it would be, but there are two things I would like to change if possible.  Despite taking the ridiculous step of even reading the manual I can't find the answer, so thought I would ask the assembled forum experts.

Firstly, can I stop the side mirrors dipping when I select reverse, just personal preference.

Secondly, can I display actual GPS speed on the Sat nav screen, mainly because I have a feeling the dashboard speed over reads.

Any help much appreciated

Congrats on the new car Phil 👍

1 hour ago, Philrcf said:

Firstly, can I stop the side mirrors dipping when I select reverse, just personal preference.

If you don't select either L or R on the mirror adjuster, the mirrors won't dip. Or if you allow them to dip, you can adjust the dipped position which is then saved for the next time - you could therefore adjust it to be the same as the normal position, or to dip just a small amount.

Secondly, can I display actual GPS speed on the Sat nav screen, mainly because I have a feeling the dashboard speed over reads.

The speedo will read over by design. You can get a diagnostic mode up on the nav screen which will display GPS speed, but might just be easier to get a GPS speed from your mobile phone?

These are the permitted speedo ranges (mph) actual > allowed range:

• 40 → 42 to 44

• 80 → 83 to 87

• 120 → 125 to 129

• 160 → 166 to 171

• 200 → 208 to 213

• Like 1

Thanks for helping, especially the mirrors!

I'll have a further dig around in the nav screen to try and find the speed display.

The car lives in the far, far north just south of Inverness. Managed 33mpg on the motorway cruise home which I thought was pretty good going for a big V8. It's our only car, and is by a long way the most I have ever put in to a vehicle.

I've owned pretty much every 'fast' car you can think of, but already the rcf feels infinitely superior to any of them. 

The car lives in the far, far north just south of Inverness. Managed 33mpg on the motorway cruise home which I thought was pretty good going for a big V8. It's our only car, and is by a long way the most I have ever put in to a vehicle

There’s only a few of us in scotland that i’m aware of, can probably count the RCF owners on one hand…

Did see an ISF near Rothes last time I was there mind you.  Need to make an excuse for us all to meet one day, perhaps a blast around the cairngorms or West coast!

16 hours ago, Philrcf said:

Thanks for helping, especially the mirrors!

I'll have a further dig around in the nav screen to try and find the speed display.

The car lives in the far, far north just south of Inverness. Managed 33mpg on the motorway cruise home which I thought was pretty good going for a big V8. It's our only car, and is by a long way the most I have ever put in to a vehicle.

I've owned pretty much every 'fast' car you can think of, but already the rcf feels infinitely superior to any of them. 

I’m 36miles to the east of Inverness just outside Elgin, would be great to meet up at some point as no other RCF owners are anywhere close to us up here,

as for mpg….you can get better, i used to regularly run from Elgin down to south of London (614mile 1 way) and achieved 36.5… and i dont hang around, 😂 moved down there for a couple of years but didnt like it so moved back up… but used to run up n down every 2 weeks during the lockdown periods …nice quiet roads and was a blast 😂 

Do you use yours all year round, and if so do you use an all season or winter tyre? Mine has Pilot Sports on at the moment.

2 hours ago, Philrcf said:

Do you use yours all year round, and if so do you use an all season or winter tyre? Mine has Pilot Sports on at the moment.

Yep i do use it all year round except when it snows a bit, only because i have a 400ft steep driveway and wouldn’t matter what tyres i have on it “I ain’t getting up drive “ lol hence i also have a NX and a other make of 4x4…. For driving in snowy condition, i personally haven’t felt the need to go winter or all season tyres, although i do swap my alloys back to the 19’ OEM with sport pilots during winter, but generally run on my 20’’ alloys with summer tyres…. (Just my preference on tyre set ups)

IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5378.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I've been really surprised by how well it handles in the wet and how planted it feels. 

I know the car was criticized for its weight, and slightly heavy steering, but personally they are things that I really like about it, must suit my driving style or something. 

On 1/27/2024 at 7:48 AM, Philrcf said:

Thanks for the info. I've been really surprised by how well it handles in the wet and how planted it feels. 

I know the car was criticized for its weight, and slightly heavy steering, but personally they are things that I really like about it, must suit my driving style or something. 

I too use the car all year round and run Michelins.  Haven’t found it any use whatsoever if there is virgin snow on the road but for slush etc, been fine driving to the conditions.  I do also have a 4x4 in the house though so haven’t tried it in particularly snowy conditions.

I’m Just 5-10mins north of Rothes and 4miles south of Elgin on the Rothes A941 road

On 1/24/2024 at 7:29 AM, Jgtcracer said:

There’s only a few of us in scotland that i’m aware of, can probably count the RCF owners on one hand…

Did see an ISF near Rothes last time I was there mind you.  Need to make an excuse for us all to meet one day, perhaps a blast around the cairngorms or West coast!

7 hours ago, mr2lad said:

I’m Just 5-10mins north of Rothes and 4miles south of Elgin on the Rothes A941 road

I’m in Rothes with work occasionally, lucky thing about being in the distilling industry!

Beautiful area of the world, you’re a lucky gent….

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links