Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front windshield washers/nozzles not spraying

I've found some topics related to this issue but mainly for other models.

Washer fluid doesn't come out of either nozzle for the front windshield. Tried cleaning them by sticking a pin but nothing. What i know:

- I hear the pump whirring and wipers are moving when pulling the stalk (except when the wipers are in "auto" mode, then nothing happens)

- the rear nozzle sprays fine

- i dont see any leaks under the car

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Hello 

Can I ask what screen wash you are using?

Believe some ( Halfords cheap type) develop a sludge  which blocks everything, pipes.nozzles etc

If that is the case then it is best emptying and cleaning the whole reservoir tank.

41 minutes ago, Rizzoe said:

Tried cleaning them by sticking a pin but nothing.

If it's the same as the RX the manual says not to use a pin, I suspect you may need new washer jets fitted.

1 hour ago, Newbie777 said:

Can I ask what screen wash you are using?

Not sure, will need to check if the invoice has a brand or whatever as the dealer i bought it from added 1L of fluid

1 hour ago, Spock66 said:

manual says not to use a pin, I suspect you may need new washer jets fitted.

I gave the manual a once over and didn't read anything like that. If i need new jets that's a bummer but probably better than removing the tank and cleaning it. Car's not even 2.5 y/o

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:38 PM, Rizzoe said:

Not sure, will need to check if the invoice has a brand or whatever as the dealer i bought it from added 1L of fluid

I gave the manual a once over and didn't read anything like that. If i need new jets that's a bummer but probably better than removing the tank and cleaning it. Car's not even 2.5 y/o

Not sure if you could use warm water to dilute it perhaps? 

If their a non return valve in the pipe work that could be blocked?

Check the pipes back from the jets to the tank if you can get at them. There is usually a valve (black plastic fitment in the pipe) that stops the water draining back into the tank. These can get blocked. If you take it out make sure you put it back in the correct way. 

Unfortunately i don't have the space to DIY it so i took it to my trusted mechanic.

Apparently the entire system was gunked up, it's likely the previous owner put either low quality fluid or just straight up water. Was about a €50 job to clean everything but at least now it works.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links