Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LINK+ App not updating

Last Saturday afternoon an over the air software update was installed on my 450h+. It said it was to improve some aspects of voice commands and navigation, at ther end it stated that the update was installed successfully.

However since then the link+ app on my Iphone isn't updating. If I lock the car normally(touching the handle) the app shows my car as unlocked. I can use the app to lock the car and in this case the app shows the car correctly as locked. Also the part of the app that shows trip information hasn't been updated since the software update was installed.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

Thanks

David

On 2/25/2024 at 4:46 PM, PopeyeDAW said:

Last Saturday afternoon an over the air software update was installed on my 450h+. It said it was to improve some aspects of voice commands and navigation, at ther end it stated that the update was installed successfully.

However since then the link+ app on my Iphone isn't updating. If I lock the car normally(touching the handle) the app shows my car as unlocked. I can use the app to lock the car and in this case the app shows the car correctly as locked. Also the part of the app that shows trip information hasn't been updated since the software update was installed.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

Thanks

David

Hi there, I have more or less the same problem: since the update, I cannot see anymore the travel history (last registered trip is from February 26). I use an android phone. The other functions of the app can be used as previously. I think that there is some disfunction in receiving the data from the car, due to the new "upgrade"... 

Ioan

I have the same issue with my UX. Everything is stuck on Feb 16th.  no trip updates and not all the functions are there either.  Cannot remote lock it for instance.  Climate still works which is good.  Anyone had a response from Lexus yet?  I have contacted my dealer but waiting for a reply.  Will post when I get one

Same here. The local dealership couldn’t / wouldn’t help, saying they have no control over the app. I tried to explain that it was an update to the car that seems to have caused this.

And.........another one here also with all the same problems after update, including no live Sat Nav info and the' dreaded two crossed out arrows and blue screen' on start up   .........so frustrating and annoying on such an expensive and so called reliable product.

Booked into dealer this week for second time. Do hope and pray that this time it will be resolved as starting to lose faith 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Anyone had any update or success in resolving this matter. It is the most useless App going. For a Prestige Brand its a shocking afterthought. I have had no end of issues from day one with this App. My first and last Lexus!

2 minutes ago, Squiggle said:

Hi, Anyone had any update or success in resolving this matter. It is the most useless App going. For a Prestige Brand its a shocking afterthought. I have had no end of issues from day one with this App. My first and last Lexus!

A rather short sighted view IMHO. You bought a car not an app and the car functions very well regardless of the app. I'm sure they will iron out the bugs eventually

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Squiggle said:

No problems with the app here, everything works just fine 👍

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 12:47 PM, NemesisUK said:

A rather short sighted view IMHO. You bought a car not an app and the car functions very well regardless of the app. I'm sure they will iron out the bugs eventually

I asked a genuine question. You reply is both unhelpful and IMHO you dont know the issues that i have had with this car from new. 

On 4/10/2024 at 8:23 PM, RXtoNX said:

No problems with the app here, everything works just fine 👍

Really?
The map send to car feature is still missing on mine. And can't plot a route, so basically useless.

11 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Really?
The map send to car feature is still missing on mine. And can't plot a route, so basically useless.

The send to car feature never worked properly on my previous RX and I found the satnav completely useless anyway.

When I purchased the NX it was made clear to me that the app did not support the old “send to car” feature although it was hoped that it would do at some point in the future.

I still find the on board satnav pretty useless so just use Google maps hence I can pre plan a route if I need to.

19 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

The send to car feature never worked properly on my previous RX and I found the satnav completely useless anyway.

When I purchased the NX it was made clear to me that the app did not support the old “send to car” feature although it was hoped that it would do at some point in the future.

I still find the on board satnav pretty useless so just use Google maps hence I can pre plan a route if I need to.

Personally I use Waze, but I get where you're coming from.
But, the whole map thing on the app is useless. can't even plot a route, so at this stage the send to car feature is redundant anyway.
But like in anything, either provide a full service, or don't bother. this half arsed approach just frustrates folk 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links