Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Regenerative Braking Limited

Hi all

Lexus UX 300e 2023 in UK

Regenerative Braking  Limited press brake to decelerate 

Whilst I totally understand the concept of the regenerative braking system and that the car for  various reasons limits that system, is there anyway to actually disable the annoying pop up warning on my dash. This is whilst car is in ‘D’. If I try to use the back arrow on the steering wheel, after 2-3 seconds the warning pops up again and I can’t see what I’ve chosen to see behind the warning.  Do I really need to know it’s limited and sometimes for 10 minutes of a journey for whatever reason or until the Battery is 80 or below.  Sometimes I need to charge to 90 to avoid paying the outrageous supermarket/service station tariffs in the UK. Photo was taken by passenger for me hope it’s clear for you to see. 

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

IMG_7936.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lisa 102 said:

Hi all

Lexus UX 300e 2023 in UK

Regenerative Braking  Limited press brake to decelerate 

Whilst I totally understand the concept of the regenerative braking system and that the car for  various reasons limits that system, is there anyway to actually disable the annoying pop up warning on my dash. This is whilst car is in ‘D’. If I try to use the back arrow on the steering wheel, after 2-3 seconds the warning pops up again and I can’t see what I’ve chosen to see behind the warning.  Do I really need to know it’s limited and sometimes for 10 minutes of a journey for whatever reason or until the battery is 80 or below.  Sometimes I need to charge to 90 to avoid paying the outrageous supermarket/service station tariffs in the UK. Photo was taken by passenger for me hope it’s clear for you to see. 

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

IMG_7936.jpeg

This shouldn't happen. Needs a dealer visit. 

I've never seen that at all

2 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Is it a feature of the long range version?

It's an error that can come up on either version but I certainly wouldn't expect to see it at 90%, possibly at 100% for a short while.

12 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Not seen this message either and I regularly charge to 100% and drive in B mode all the time. 
Is it a feature of the long range version?

Yes it’s the long range version 

9 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It's an error that can come up on either version but I certainly wouldn't expect to see it at 90%, possibly at 100% for a short while.

Thank you, it states this on the internet although not particularly referring to my car which is the long range, either way it’s pretty annoying.

“Regenerative braking temporarily reduced. Will improve as vehicle is driven.” A visit to any social media platform and you can easily find dozens of posts from owners asking what the message means. Experienced owners know this message appears when the Battery is either cold, or has been fully charged’.

1 hour ago, Lisa 102 said:

Thank you, it states this on the internet although not particularly referring to my car which is the long range, either way it’s pretty annoying.

The message is documented in the manual:

If “Regenerative Braking Limited Press Brake to Decelerate” is displayed

Regenerative braking may be restricted in the following situations. Firmly depress the brake pedal to decelerate the vehicle.

• ●  When electrical energy cannot be regen- erated any more as the traction Battery is fully charged

• ●  When the temperature of the traction Battery is extremely high or extremely low

• ●  When the temperature of the electric motor or power control unit, etc. is extremely high

It makes sense when the Battery is full, and near full as the charing current has to be reduced, but at 80-95% that doesn't really make sense. I'd contact your dealer to log the issue and see if there is a software update to improve this.

59 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The message is documented in the manual:

If “Regenerative Braking Limited Press Brake to Decelerate” is displayed

Regenerative braking may be restricted in the following situations. Firmly depress the brake pedal to decelerate the vehicle.

• ●  When electrical energy cannot be regen- erated any more as the traction battery is fully charged

• ●  When the temperature of the traction battery is extremely high or extremely low

• ●  When the temperature of the electric motor or power control unit, etc. is extremely high

It makes sense when the battery is full, and near full as the charing current has to be reduced, but at 80-95% that doesn't really make sense. I'd contact your dealer to log the issue and see if there is a software update to improve this.

Thank you I will keep my eye on this and see exactly when the warning is coming up, the other day on the motorway it was on for a good 5 mins under 80% charge and if it’s just a warning that it’s not available that’s fine as in that situation with or without the warning I’m going to be depressing the brake to slow down, it’s just removing that warning rather than it lingering is what I would like to achieve, but if it’s because there is a problem then I will definitely take your advice and log it with the dealership.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links