Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 RHD windscreen, please help

Hi,

Started from a small stone chip, but after a few months developed to a massive top to bottom crack.

I am looking to buy an aftermarket UK replacement, but I do not want to go to a garage/independent shop as I have a friend who would replace it for me at a bargain.

So, I am looking only for an online store where I can buy the glass alone and get it delivered. I have looked in google but no luck for UK or RHD - it seems there is plenty of options in Europe, but for LHD and I have just learned it won't fit RHD as the bottom edge is slightly curved around the driver's side. Tried a couple of breakers from eBay, also no luck, it seems they cannot be bothered.

Getting a bit desperate, please help.

Rob.

Do you not have windscreen replacement cover with your insurance? Most insurance with a small £70 excess. Screen would be replaced by a national company usually specified by the insurer 

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Do you not have windscreen replacement cover with your insurance? Most insurance with a small £70 excess. Screen would be replaced by a national company usually specified by the insurer 

Unfortunately not, I'm insured in Poland, where I live and registered the car after moving from the UK.

1 hour ago, rz1c13 said:

it won't fit RHD as the bottom edge is slightly curved around the driver's side.

I don't find this very credible tbh .......  they wouldn't make the car main body specific to  the different end-market, UK or EU and i suggest you seek some further advice about this non-fitting, curve issue ....  it just doesn't seem at all plausible  .........  to me anyway !

The windscreen replacement for your speific 2004 car will be generic 

Good luck with your further investigations

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

they wouldn't make the car main body specific to  the different end-market, UK or EU and i suggest you seek some further advice about this non-fitting, curve issue ....  it just doesn't seem at all plausible  .........  to me anyway !

Malc

They did make it LHD/RHD specific, unfortunately... I had the LHD glass ordered and my friend mechanic and I had a look at it and at the one on my car (RHD) for comparison. The difference is clear and obvious. Just have a look at the bottom of the screen where it meets the plastic covering the wipers mounting and follow it along - it is not a straight line. We took of that plastic and clearly seen the glass edge is asymmetric, i.e. in terms of left/right side.

I’m amazed and well done discovering this 

Japanese factory manufacturing output design  specific to user country, LHD /RHD  is quite incredible that they should or even could do this  ……. Well done discovering the nuance 

Good luck tracking down your new windscreen 

Malc 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rz1c13 said:

Unfortunately not, I'm insured in Poland, where I live and registered the car after moving from the UK.

You need to update your info, still showing Essex as location...

• Like 1

Aftermarket is going to be Pilkington or possibly that other site "oop-narth"  that Malc mentioned on the LS400 rear screen topic.
Otherwise you might have some luck searching Japanese sites, although the shipping cost is going to be substantial.
I think you are probably going to have to bite the bullet and do it via your insurance.

If you collect in person, there are a couple of breakers that will cut a screen out of an LS430 for you.
They will not ship the screen though as the cost is silly and the risk of damage in transit is high.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114074273671

These are very low sales volume cars so the aftermarket is non-existant here in the UK.
The USA has a decent aftermarket for the LS, but theirs are all LHD.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

If you collect in person, there are a couple of breakers that will cut a screen out of an LS430 for you.
They will not ship the screen though as the cost is silly and the risk of damage in transit is high.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114074273671

Thank you for the eBay link, I'll try that and organise my own pickup and transport.

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

You could try the guys below but as said earlier they may not want ship it. Worth asking though, they are near were I live and I've bought a couple of bits from them.

ACD of Lancashire home page

Many thanks! I'll try the eBay link first, if not, definitely contact the Lancashire guys. I think I can get someone frequently driving UK-Poland routes to pick it up for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links