Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Range test of 12 ev's including UX300 e and RZ 450e.  No prizes guessing what came last. Albeit  this was before the new software update for the RZ although I expect the result wouldl be similar

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:57 AM, John Adams said:

Range test of 12 ev's including UX300 e and RZ 450e.  No prizes guessing what came last. Albeit  this was before the new software update for the RZ although I expect the result wouldl be similar

Shame about RZ. But no surprise considering other reviews. 

• 2 weeks later...

More woe for Lexus - the What Car article was reported in today’s Telegraph. Lexus do say the upgrade improved things but the article is very damaging for them. The UX300e range is reported to be 100 miles less and the RZ 92 miles short in very low temps (for us in the UK). VW’s ID7 is reported to be 130 miles short. 

If Lexus had sorted the update before releasing the cars they would have fared much better.

As The Telegraph is probably the paper most read by potential and actual Lexus owners I suspect that the MD of Lexus this morning has a severe dose of indigestion and long meetings with their PR advisers. Not at all good for RZ residuals.  

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

More woe for Lexus - the What Car article was reported in today’s Telegraph. Lexus do say the upgrade improved things but the article is very damaging for them. The UX300e range is reported to be 100 miles less and the RZ 92 miles short in very low temps (for us in the UK). VW’s ID7 is reported to be 130 miles short. 

If Lexus had sorted the update before releasing the cars they would have fared much better.

As The Telegraph is probably the paper most read by potential and actual Lexus owners I suspect that the MD of Lexus this morning has a severe dose of indigestion and long meetings with their PR advisers. Not at all good for RZ residuals.  

Bob, I'm looking at the Telegraph now but I can't see the article in the car section. Can you point me in the right direction?

Forget it, I've just found it. Senior moment I'm afraid

There is an American reviewer who is extremely knowledgable on all the aspects of EV’s. I came across him whilst looking for a review of the new Porsche Mecan EV. I noticed he reviewed the RZ pre update. Other than comfort and the autonomous driving he destroys it but unlike other reviewers he explains the criticisms. 
Whilst he destroyed the RZ he was absolutely glowing about the new Mecan so it’s the normal Tesla fans versus everyone else. If you have an hour to spend watch his review - 

To bring far more woe to Lexus - The Sunday Telegraph now has the What car analysis with Lexus having the bottom 2 places for range loss in cold weather - 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

To bring far more woe to Lexus - The Sunday Telegraph now has the What car analysis with Lexus having the bottom 2 places for range loss in cold weather - 

Bob, well it could be worse. At least second hand prices have remained stable for the last 2 weeks. Mine is still worth 40k after 9 months!. That's if you could find somebody to take it off you. My dealers says they are reluctant to take any RZ's in px at the moment.  That's confidence for you.

• Sad 2

On 3/12/2024 at 8:24 AM, wivenhoe said:

… As The Telegraph is probably the paper most read by potential and actual Lexus owners I suspect that the MD of Lexus this morning has a severe dose of indigestion and long meetings with their PR advisers. Not at all good for RZ residuals.  

Perhaps spend a bit more time on their cars, rather than PR. I had a recent survey from them saying “how did I feel about receiving a packets of wild flowers to plant with a new Lexus car” !!!

The range story is disappointing when Toyota made the right call saying that Volvo, and others, were mad to announce electric only cars from 2025. Making the comment that there is still 1b people in the world without any electricity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Bob, well it could be worse. At least second hand prices have remained stable for the last 2 weeks. Mine is still worth 40k after 9 months!. That's if you could find somebody to take it off you. My dealers says they are reluctant to take any RZ's in px at the moment.  That's confidence for you.

An interesting article John. https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-13204529/As-Chinas-BYD-floods-Europe-cheap-electric-cars-old-fashioned-tariffs-slam-brakes.html?ico=mol_desktop_home-newtab&molReferrerUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fhome%2Findex.html&_ga=2.148594679.1593155482.1709886205-1301590612.1699347836&_gl=1*1mc4xu5*_ga*MTMwMTU5MDYxMi4xNjk5MzQ3ODM2*_ga_XE0XLFFF16*MTcxMDY2MDk1My40MDIuMS4xNzEwNjYyMTQ1LjAuMC4w

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links