Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 Codes after installing new vland headlights

Hello!

I have read a lot of toppics about people having problems after installing new headlights and a lot of them have solutions, but neither of those solutions dont apply to me. I intstalled new vland headlights and was hoping to try them on road but when i turned on the car the check engine, Abs and check VSC poped up. Checked the codes and tried to clear them but nothing. Codes- P0045; P0102; P0488.I have checked fuses and conncections but still every time i clear the codes they pop up back imediatly. Maybe you have some solutions?

I'd suggest putting the old ones back at least temporarily to see if that clears the codes, if so that will then confirm there is an issue with the new headlights.

• Like 3

Already tried to put the old headlights on but nothing. Is there any way that i could shortened the ECU? Because i see that all of theese codes are ECU related.

7 hours ago, Latvian Lexus said:

Codes- P0045; P0102; P0488.I have checked fuses and conncections but still every time i clear the codes they pop up back imediatly. Maybe you have some solutions?

Those codes are engine faults - nothing to do with headlights (turbo boost control, MAF, EGR valve). Either you have disconnected something to gain access, damaged a cable or blown fuses. 

On the Vland instructions for the ISF there is a specific fuse that needs to be removed from one fusebox to "Remove AFS Error Code". By any chance do the instructions for your car require some modification to eliminate error codes ?

Cheers...

• Like 1

On vland instructions there was one fuse that needed to be taken out, but even after that there seems to be no difference. Any other suggestions?

On 4/7/2024 at 7:21 AM, ColinBarber said:

Those codes are engine faults - nothing to do with headlights (turbo boost control, MAF, EGR valve). Either you have disconnected something to gain access, damaged a cable or blown fuses.

This ^^^^ reply from Colin is sensible. I can only suggest that you go back and check every wire, plug, hose and fuse that you disturbed or disconnected for the installation. Make sure they are all correctly placed, firmly connected and undamaged. Check that any ground wires you moved are making good connections. Check if any rubber hose that you moved has not cracked, split or been accidentally disconnected.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 6:50 PM, Latvian Lexus said:

Could it be something about taking out fuses while battery was connected?

No, I've installed 3 sets of Vland headlights now and none had issues at all. I keep the Battery connected etc when putting the extra fuse in for the DRLs. 

The only time aftermarket stuff can throw up an error code is if you upgrade the tail lights with something like a HC motion set of tail lights, usually these require a resistor or something installed alongside it as the pre facelift out of the box cant support upgraded LED tail lights.

The VLAND headlights dont suffer from this kind of issue so it's either an incorrect fuse has been pulled or a set of fuse has blown responsible for the three errors you're getting. I do recall getting quite a few dashboard errors when I installed my VLANDS but thats because I pulled the wrong fuse out, once I used the correct ones no errors or dashboard issues 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links