Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going to view a car at main dealer

38 minutes ago, LutonChris said:

With the end of the first quarter coming up just thought he would be wanting to make a sale. But the state of the car on its own was shocking. 

I also agree with Ken.  Write a detailed letter to the Dealer Principal (unless of course it was the Dealer Principal!)

After all, that attitude and the state of the car is losing the business sales - probably to another Lexus Dealer.  In your mind it was also damaging the Lexus brand - which would interest Lexus UK even more.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went to a main Lexus dealer when I was looking to purchase a UX and I was amazed at the condition of the car. 

All four wheels heavily kerbed, scuffs on the black wheel arch trim, dings in the bumper. 

The salesman was very upfront about the damage and said it was their policy to not prepare cars until they are sold, just wash and hoover which seemed madness to me.

However, I did take it for a test drive and the smell inside was unbearable, it smelt like a horsebox, the previous owner must have carried saddles and tack in it which totally explained its condition. it was so bad I turned around after five minutes. 

Needless to say I didn’t buy it 😑

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, stepppy said:

The salesman was very upfront about the damage and said it was their policy to not prepare cars until they are sold, just wash and hoover which seemed madness to me

Me too!  More like Arthur Daley than Lexus Main Dealer… 

Have you searched for Lexus Select vehicles from the ‘Pre-Owned’ offerings?  These are supposedly subjected to a 150 point check before being presented for sale - the implication being that they are properly prepared and warranted for sale.

There’s more information about these vehicles here:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/pre-owned/lexus-select

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LenT said:

Have you searched for Lexus Select vehicles from the ‘Pre-Owned’ offerings?  These are supposedly subjected to a 150 point check before being presented for sale - the implication being that they are properly prepared and warranted for sale.

At the time I didn’t realise there was a difference, I naively thought all cars for sale would be presented in their best condition. 

I have just purchased a new NX as I think the UX is too close to 2nd generation for my liking.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, stepppy said:

The salesman was very upfront about the damage and said it was their policy to not prepare cars until they are sold, just wash and hoover which seemed madness to me

If you - or indeed anyone else - is looking for a used Lexus, then maybe search for Lexus Select vehicles from the ‘Pre-Owned’ offerings?  These are supposedly subjected to a 150 point check before being presented for sale - the implication being that they are properly prepared and warranted for sale.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stepppy said:

I naively thought all cars for sale would be presented in their best condition. 

I would have thought so too - if selling cars was your business!

But I understand why you opted for new rather than ‘Pre-Owned’.  My previous car was a Honda Accord.  So my sensible head said buy a low mileage one a year or two old and avoid the instant depreciation as you drive off the forecourt.

But sitting in such vehicles I couldn’t help noticing the odd scratch and scuff.  So I too bought new - did a deal with my Prelude - and enjoyed owning a brand new car.

With the Lexus it was different.  Lexus had stopped marketing the IS250 when I had to replace the Accord.  But Lexus Milton Keynes had this one example barely two years old and immaculately presented.  So I snapped it up!

PS.  It’s not even three o’clock in the morning Stephen!  It’s not that I think so highly of my posts that I repeat them, but you’re replying while I’m still editing them!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LenT said:

… PS.  It’s not even three o’clock in the morning Stephen!  It’s not that I think so highly of my posts that I repeat them, but you’re replying while I’m still editing them!

Ha ha, I thought I was getting confused 🤔

We are on a cruise taking in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. We are currently making our way to Keelung so I am sat having a coffee on the ship at 11:30 am, hence the time difference 😆

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, stepppy said:

Ha ha, I thought I was getting confused 🤔

We are on a cruise taking in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. We are currently making our way to Keelung so I am sat having a coffee on the ship at 11:30 am, hence the time difference 😆

Yes, that’s cleared that up.  😀

Sounds like a great cruise!  I guess you’ve left the Lexus at home…

No doubt you’ll be enjoying the many delights of the Keelong Night Market - if they let you off the ship.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g13806823-d1383207-Reviews-Keelung_Miaokou_Night_Market-Ren_ai_District_Keelung.html

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LenT said:

Yes, that’s cleared that up.  😀

Sounds like a great cruise!  I guess you’ve left the Lexus at home…

No doubt you’ll be enjoying the many delights of the Keelong Night Market - if they let you off the ship.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g13806823-d1383207-Reviews-Keelung_Miaokou_Night_Market-Ren_ai_District_Keelung.html

Yes ‘Lester’ is tucked up at home with just 50 miles on him as we only picked him up a couple day’s before we left 😆.

We were supposed to be going to Hualien, but that has obviously been cancelled due to the terrible earthquake. We are arriving early in Keelung giving us an extra day and overnight, so that means we are able to see the night market which should be great.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 11:16 AM, LutonChris said:

Thank you very much so far.  Yes I’ve just been reading up about the security issue.  It has apple play and has been serviced by Lexus.  There were two advisories in the last MOT for tyre wear front.  So making sure I hold them to the sword to replace those tyres. 

Just what I was going to mention 21000 tyres would be all ready for replacing.

2 hours ago, Dave 2951 said:

Just what I was going to mention 21000 tyres would be all ready for replacing.

When I had my NX300h I covered 32000 miles by which time the fronts were getting near to replacement but I reckon the rears were good for another 8000 miles.

2 hours ago, LutonChris said:

Going to see another one on Saturday at Glasgow but with different salesperson.  Wish me luck!

Hopefully car and salesperson are better this time.

Good luck 😀

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LutonChris said:

Going to see another one on Saturday at Glasgow but with different salesperson.  Wish me luck!

I had a really good experience at Lexus Glasgow last year - had a spare afternoon so went in to see the NX. Really helpful and knowledgeable, had both a Premium and Premium Plus in their show room, so they were able to point out the exact spec and trim differences! I was clear I wasn’t at the point of buying yet but still had plenty of time for me and helped, and not at all pushy. If I could have purchased my new car from him, I would have! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken R said:

Can't recommend Lexus Edinburgh highly enough. Brilliant team to deal with!

I believe that Lexus Edinburgh and Lexus Glasgow are both part of the same company.

Obviously one may have better staff 😀

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scotlex said:

I believe that Lexus Edinburgh and Lexus Glasgow are both part of the same company.

Obviously one may have better staff 😀

Yes they are both part of the Eastern Western Motor Group and have recently added Lexus Dundee.

• Like 1

I’ve bought a car! 2000 reg premium plus white 16000 miles.  Much better sales person from Edinburgh now for the insurance any sugggestions?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, LutonChris said:

I’ve bought a car! 2000 reg premium plus white 16000 miles.  Much better sales person from Edinburgh now for the insurance any sugggestions?

Congratulations! My advice, shop around. A company that is good for one person doesn't necessarily mean it will be good (the best) for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LutonChris said:

Great news. Low mileage too 😀

Try a couple of comparison sites for insurance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LutonChris said:

Well done Chris! There are always more out there! Photos please after you take delivery!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LutonChris said:

Do you perhaps mean 2020 reg…?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links