Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX Insurance renewal time.

I think insurance in general has just gone up not just for the RX. 

My friend has a Nissan Ariya and he loves the car but his insurance this year is £2184 and that's the cheapest he got and he's with Tesco all other quotes on comparison sites were £3k+  and he has 10yrs NCB. 

43 minutes ago, Sara.E said:

My friend has a Nissan Ariya and he loves the car but his insurance this year is £2184 and that's the cheapest he got and he's with Tesco all other quotes on comparison sites were £3k+  and he has 10yrs NCB. 

Another reason not to buy an electric car.

How Governments think this is going to work after 2035, is hard to work out.

13 hours ago, Sara.E said:

It may well have for certain cars Sara, but for my bikes it actually came down last year, and for my Lexus, they wanted twice what I paid the previous year and told me that shopping around wouldn't land me a better deal (£680 fully comp).  Five minutes later, I found that the RAC offered a better policy (I read the small print and the reviews) for £280 plus a little for a few extras.  So, I've gone from £280 and a few months later, the same company now want over £1100 for me to change to an RX4, almost 4 times what I'm currently paying.  Shopping around I ended up finding only some smaller brokers without the bells and whistles UK call centres were wiling to offer half that amount so the choice is buy a cheaper legal policy that covers you or pay twice that for a bells and whistles policy from one of the better known companies (which is what I used to do).  I'm now minded to just get the cheapest insurance for the legal cover and trust that I'll remain accident free so I don't have the bother of dealing with poor customer service.  It's money for old rope unless you need to claim, which is when the value kicks in.....sometimes.

• Like 1

Even better, this morning I was offered £548 on fully comp for an RX4 from an award winning insurance company who's awards were for customer service, with excellent reviews.  Deals are still out there.

• Like 1

I've just got a quote for a 2024 RX450h+ F Sport Design for £545. With £250 voluntary excess with legal cover. 

• Like 2

That's a 5th generation though so won't be loaded with the theft risk as are 2016-2022 cars.  Still not bad for a new car though.

• Like 2

For comparison (in case others are also currently shopping around for a 4th Gen policy), Lexus insurance have quoted me just over £1000 for a comprehensive package including European travel, full breakdown insurance, zero voluntary excess and £250 compulsory.   Adrian Flux quoted almost double that at just shy of £2,000.  May be worth others trying RAC/Lexus/One Call as they seemed to give me the best quotes for the best policies overall.

4 hours ago, GSLV6 said:

I was offered £548 on fully comp for an RX4 from an award winning insurance company

Do not be shy name them so we all can share in the deal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSLV6 said:

For comparison (in case others are also currently shopping around for a 4th Gen policy), Lexus insurance have quoted me just over £1000 for a comprehensive package including European travel, full breakdown insurance, zero voluntary excess and £250 compulsory.   Adrian Flux quoted almost double that at just shy of £2,000.  May be worth others trying RAC/Lexus/One Call as they seemed to give me the best quotes for the best policies overall.

Thanks Paul,

I have two quotes, Tesco Gold policy £1062 or NFU at £1246, not really interested in the broker quotes with multiple Lloyds backed companies. It’s just deciding on which one. I know NFU are No1, but Tesco policy is very good, but because they are such a huge business, the reviews include all other fields so no just car insurance. It would be nice to here from anyone who has had to avail themselves of the claims procedures and efficiency.

4 hours ago, MrBee said:

I've just got a quote for a 2024 RX450h+ F Sport Design for £545. With £250 voluntary excess with legal cover. 

That's a good price! What's the compulsory excess standing at and the annual mileage? I assume its SDP use only and you have a maximum NCD.

5 hours ago, stepheneric said:

Do not be shy name them so we all can share in the deal

Lexus Insurance was just over £1000, RAC was closer to 1100 and One Call was £548 (not £545...typo) hence my three shortlisted were Lexus/RAC/One Call.  Having dealt with Lexus before, they are great at customer service with UK based operators, easy to get hold of and pleasant to deal with.  Can't speak for the others.  One Call I understand are web only, no tel number shown.  I've since received a quote from Churchill.  Their Essentials policy was £620 and about the same as Lexus for their top cover

For interest, I shopped around for an alternative car, which was a 2023 Mazda CX60.  It was the only other SUV I'd have considered.  By comparison, average quote for that based on the same levels of cover was £450 annually fully comp, so I think I'd rather pay a few hundred extra for insuring the Lexus.  I checked and the Lexus I'm after has the steel plate mods done, a Thatcham approved alarm and I'l be moving my dashcam across to it.

5 hours ago, larryadler said:

Thanks Paul,

I have two quotes, Tesco Gold policy £1062 or NFU at £1246, not really interested in the broker quotes with multiple Lloyds backed companies. It’s just deciding on which one. I know NFU are No1, but Tesco policy is very good, but because they are such a huge business, the reviews include all other fields so no just car insurance. It would be nice to here from anyone who has had to avail themselves of the claims procedures and efficiency.

Yes, NFU were a little more than Lexus.  I've heard very mixed reviews on Tescos Pete...good cover but terrible customer service if you need to make a claim seemed to be the consensus.  I'd always pick a company which has a reputation for swift, easy to access customer service, especially claims!

It may be worth you trying Lexus insurance as having dealt with them before, I can't speak highly enough of the customer service they gave.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSLV6 said:

Yes, NFU were a little more than Lexus.  I've heard very mixed reviews on Tescos Pete...good cover but terrible customer service if you need to make a claim seemed to be the consensus.  I'd always pick a company which has a reputation for swift, easy to access customer service, especially claims!

It may be worth you trying Lexus insurance as having dealt with them before, I can't speak highly enough of the customer service they gave.

Yes Paul, I have just tried Lexus Insurance, but they have declined to quote! 
I have had quotes from One Call, there underwriter is Covea, but again they lay of the risk across several insurers.

Thanks for you info re Tesco, that was my fear from the reviews, and those on Which, so I will bite the bullet and go with NFU, as it’s more than I have ever paid for insurance in my life, but it does give peace of mind, and hopefully the prices may ease next year if Lexus comes up with this anticipated software fix, and the mark stops getting nicked.

I suspect your Lexus insurance quote may be better due to you location as well, that said I have maximum NCB, and no conviction history, strange time we live in.

The only conciliation is that my fully comp Mazda MX5 insurance was £161 this year.

You win some, you lose some 🥴

• Like 2

Same here...largest quotes I've ever received.  There is always the choice for me to hold onto my RX3 and avoid them but from what I've read, Lexus have got some sort of software fix in the pipeline.  We don't know anything about it yet but I expect their world wide reputation might suffer if they don't do anything other than offer sticking plaster steel plates.  It's a risk but it's the same for every ES, NX and Rav4 owner affected out there too as well as for other manufacturers.

NFU have come in at £850 with a pledge not to increase premiums year to year as they don't have shareholders to please.  Their cover includes national breakdown/assist, window replacement and very reasonable excesses (zero to £350 depending on what it is).  They fall in between first Call and Lexus but offer more comprehensive cover than the cheaper one, so may go with NFU.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links