Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I've recently noticed a Passenger Airbag Off light pops up when I start my 2009 450. I've switched the passenger airbag manual switch on and off a few times but the light still comes on. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Richard

Check the selector switch and measure the resistance in each position. I cannot recall the values, but they are about 100 to 400 Ohms. You can open the switch and put the  contact inside at the right position. Then you can verify its operation.

Next check the connector to the airbag control unit, under the armrest.

Do not forget to disconnect the Battery and wait at least 1.5 minutes.

The connectors of the airbag module short circuit the wires to each airbag circuit when disconnected from the connector to the airbags. When the connectors are mated, the short circuit is removed

Check their function and check that the connectors make good contact when mated.

Reference: Original Lexus GS 450h repair manual.

Chris.

I had the same problem on my 2011 Toyota Auris. It was caused by a poor connection in the under-seat plug & socket. This is a not uncommon fault as the under-seat cables get moved whenever you adjust the seat.

Before doing anything more complex as Chris suggests try a quick & simple remedy. After waiting 2 minutes after having the car powered down, disconnect the under-seat connector & spray it with WD-40 Contact Cleaner (not the ordinary WD-40). If you are uncertain if the fault relates to the driver's or passenger's seat do both. This permanently solved my problem & hopefully will do the same for you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links