Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

TDI's Unichip

John Lee

Hi Mark,

a few questions regarding Unichip:

1. I have noticed that the Unichip posted on the TDI website is of blue colour. Is this the version 'A' unichip ?

2. Which version of Unichip do you install in IS200?

3. do you encounter engine stall when the car with unichip brakes or steers (with the steering of course) suddenly while the car is moving very slowly without stepping on the accelerator ?

I am asking becos 2 tuners in Singapore informed me that version 'C' is the chip to be used in IS200 and not any other version.

Originally posted by tdiplc

John

The purple ecu is correct for the is200.

We have not experienced any problems with stalling or anything else to date.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Great to hear that u don't hav the engine stalling problem!

in this case, r u able to send me the wiring diagram of Unichip to the ECU for me to verify the wiring in my car ?

I can correspond with u via e-mail if you do not wish to discuss the wiring info publicly.

can do ?

dear john

my unichip is a "C" chip, and after connecting the unichip to the Battery, i still had encounter some stalling, so i had install some stronger earthline wires to the car and i found the voltage is more stable now and the unichip haven't stalled since. so i think the orginal problem is because the power source of the unichip is not very stable

anyway is there anything wrong with ur unichip so far?

Originally posted by asinn

dear john

my unichip is a "C" chip, and after connecting the unichip to the battery, i still had encounter some stalling, so i had install some stronger earthline wires to the car and i found the voltage is more stable now and the unichip haven't stalled since. so i think the orginal problem is because the power source of the unichip is not very stable

anyway is there anything wrong with ur unichip so far?

hi asinn,

my last engine stall occured a week later after i reconnect the unichip back to the car. I took the Unichip out when i sent my car back to the dealer to change the disc rotor due to corrossion. It has been 2 weeks now and no problem so far.

maybe i should get the earthline done. Do u find that the car Battery drain faster after installing the additional earthline ? Besides more stable voltage, is there other improvement ?

dear john lee

i found the Battery voltage is more stable so i think the head light become more bright.

but i only installed the earthline for 1 week, so ........... i am not sure will the engine stall again. but so far nothing happened.

anyway if you obtained a diagram for the unichip in the ecu can u send it to me too, i want to check the connection also.

can u send it to asinn@optusnet.com.au

thax

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links