Sign in to follow this  
petejenkin

Anodised Bolts

I ordered a load of Anodised bolts, nuts, washers etc and have ben informed that ALL threads on the Lexus are Metric Fine Thread :o

Is this right? I would have thought that non load bearing bolts would be a standard pitch on any car ?

If they are metric fine, I better cancel the order rather sharpish. Any help would be great chaps.

What do you mean? All bolts for engine covers are standart metric.

For engine covers? M6x20 and 30 (standart)

The one i used is the M6 x 15mm if that help....

Phew, thanks for that lads.

I had a horrid thought that they could be something like a 1mm pitch thread or something silly. I havent removed any so I didnt know.

Just for info for Mr Phonedrome, there are 3 types of metric thread; Metric Fine, Metric Standard and Metric Course (which are usually the larger diameter).

A Mate of mine with a Nissan says that EVERY bolt on his car under the bonnet is a metric-fine thread with a pitch of 1.1 to 1.25mm, which means that standard metric bolts will not screw in as they have a standard pitch of 1.5 to 1.6mm. Now theres a bummer !! it cost him an absolute fortune for Anodised bolts....

you might want to look here for anodised bolts...is were i go..

Pete, would you mind posting (in gold) or sending us a PM with what sizes you need how many, which ones go where type thing. I've been meaning to get these for a while but haven't really got the time to investigate properly

cheers

jim

the ones you need,, non load bearing type, like the ones for the fuse covers etc.. are M6 x 15mm

Just for info for Mr Phonedrome, there are 3 types of metric thread; Metric Fine, Metric Standard and Metric Course (which are usually the larger diameter).

I know that. But wrote it wrong. Typical fault :geek:

I will make a note of each bolt size I replace and post it so all can see.

I didnt bother counting each bolt and ordering just for that. I ordered a big tub of 200 items from Demon Tweeks, bolts, nuts, washers, caps. I figure it should be enough :)